CityTaps is a social start-up whose vision is running water in every urban home, to boost the health, dignity and productivity of the urban poor in developing countries.
CityTaps has developed a service, CTSuite, that bridges the gap between water utilities and the urban poor: a prepayment service that integrates mobile payment systems with the world's only smart and prepaid water meter.
CTSuite helps water utilities become financially independent and able to invest in infrastructure to bring at-home water service to even the poorest residents.
On the other end, residents use mobile money to prepay for running water with any mobile phone, at any time, for any amount. Running water in the home is substantially cheaper, more convenient, and healthier than any alternative and beneficiaries improve their household budget.
Our innovative solution has the potential to dramatically and quantifiably improve the lives and well-being of a billion urban people who do not have access to water in the home. It is our goal to work together to make access to running water in every urban home a reality.
CityTaps’ service is developed and operated by multinational team, based in Paris with support in our operation countries.
You will be responsible for leading the development and manufacturing work of our smart meter, the CTMeter, and new devices to add to our portfolio.
Your tasks will include:
● Plan and manage the mass manufacturing of our CTMeter. You will need to organize mass production (from 1000 to 100,000+) at specialized outsourced manufacturing companies (in Europe and Asia)
● Organize an optimal supply chain of goods from subcontractors to clients
● Design and review new versions of electronics hardware. Skills in EDA softwares such as Altium or Eagle would be an asset
● Design of new products for various conditions (pipe diameter, accuracy of flow measurement,…) including mechanical hardware and plastic injection developments, in close collaboration with the rest of CityTaps’ team and existing/potential clients (user-centric design)
● Ensure product certification
● Manage manufacturing quality
You will be part of a very international startup team that speaks English and French. New languages are welcome.
The job is based in Paris and might require trips worldwide.
● You are a mechanical or electronics system engineer, you feel comfortable tackling new technical challenges.
● You have 4+ years of experience in mass manufacturing products (IoT is a plus), more is better
● An experience with water products is a plus
● You have excellent French and English skills
● You are a dynamic, pro-active worker and will bring your ideas to improve all aspects of the technical products we are working on.
● You have excellent technical skills: feel free to share any projects you worked on. We’ll gladly exchange ideas about them.
● You are adaptable and flexible as you will be working in a dynamic startup environment.
● You are curious and open to travel the world.