CityTaps is a social start-up whose vision is running water in every urban home, to boost the health, dignity and productivity of the urban poor in developing countries.
CityTaps has developed a service, CTSuite, that bridges the gap between water utilities and the urban poor: a prepayment service that integrates mobile payment systems with the world's only smart and prepaid water meter.
CTSuite helps water utilities become financially independent and able to invest in infrastructure to bring at-home water service to even the poorest residents.
Residents use mobile money to prepay for running water with any mobile phone, at any time, for any amount. Running water in the home is substantially cheaper, more convenient, and healthier than any alternative and beneficiaries improve their household budget.
Our innovative solution has the potential to dramatically and quantifiably improve the lives and well-being of a billion urban people who do not have access to water in the home. It is our goal to work together to make access to running water in every urban home a reality.
CityTaps’ service is developed and operated by multinational team, based in Paris with support in our operation countries.
We are currently working in Niger. We speak and work in English and French and are eager to learn new languages.
We are looking for an enthusiastic full-time JS developer to help us develop and operate the cloud services at the heart of our solution.
Within the technical team, your responsibilities would be to:
- Conceive, develop, and test the software for our services, both front and back
- Improve every day upon the quality of our code and our methods of development
- Come up with ideas to accelerate the development of the project
- Bring a positive attitude to the team and contribute to the daily life of a startup
Stack & Work Methods
- Node.js / Express
- Code review
- Continuing deployment
- Continuing integration
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Ability to work in both spoken and written English
- Desire to gain competence in backend API development with node.JS
- Desire to gain competence in web development and integration
- Familiarity with Git and documentation
- Desire to work on tasks from beginning to end with a small team
- Interest in and passion for our mission and our social impact in developing countries