CityTaps is a social start-up whose vision is running water in every urban home, to boost the health, dignity and productivity of the urban poor in developing countries.
CityTaps has developed a service, CTSuite, that bridges the gap between water utilities and the urban poor: a prepayment service that integrates mobile payment systems with the world's only smart and prepaid water meter.
CTSuite helps water utilities become financially independent and able to invest in infrastructure to bring at-home water service to even the poorest residents.
Residents use mobile money to prepay for running water with any mobile phone, at any time, for any amount. Running water in the home is substantially cheaper, more convenient, and healthier than any alternative and beneficiaries improve their household budget.
Our innovative solution has the potential to dramatically and quantifiably improve the lives and well-being of a billion urban people who do not have access to water in the home. It is our goal to work together to make access to running water in every urban home a reality.
CityTaps’ service is developed and operated by multinational team, based in Paris with support in our operation countries.
CTSuite is an innovative solution that integrate a prepaid smart water meter, a low powered radio communication architecture using LoRa, a cloud backend software and integration with payment and third-party systems.
CityTaps is now looking for a network engineer to complete the technical team.
You will report to the CTO and be responsible for:
- designing, deploying and managing LoRa private networks
- understanding LoRa regulations in our countries of interest
- ensuring reliability of the communication between our devices deployed in the field and our backend servers
- ensuring data integrity and security, at rest and during transmission
- analysing collected data of active devices to improve our service and ensure pro-active maintenance
- developing network deployment tools (eg. network coverage tester, monitoring and alerting system)
- managing the relationship with our network-related partners
You will be part of an international team that speaks English and French. New languages are more than welcome.
The position is based in Paris and will require trips abroad to meet suppliers and in the field, in African countries.
- You are interested in solving a major and global social crisis and want to use tech for good
- You understand user centered design and that technology is a mean, not a purpose
- You are a network or telecommunication engineer, with knowledge of low power radio protocols
- You are curious about IoT and the management of a radio network
- You have experience developing prototype architecture and scaling up
- You are a hands-on person, who can help people in the field if necessary
- You know how to run a Linux server, an experience with AWS is a plus
- You like new technical challenges, you are creative, pro-active and eager to share your knowledge and move the company forward
- You can work in multicultural environment and are fluent in English and/or French