CityTaps is a social start-up whose vision is running water in every urban home, to boost the health, dignity and productivity of the urban poor in developing countries.
CityTaps has developed a service, CTSuite, that bridges the gap between water utilities and the urban poor: a prepayment service that integrates mobile payment systems with the world's only smart and prepaid water meter.
CTSuite helps water utilities become financially independent and able to invest in infrastructure to bring at-home water service to even the poorest residents.
On the other end, residents use mobile money to prepay for running water with any mobile phone, at any time, for any amount. Running water in the home is substantially cheaper, more convenient, and healthier than any alternative and beneficiaries improve their household budget.
Our innovative solution has the potential to dramatically and quantifiably improve the lives and well-being of a billion urban people who do not have access to water in the home. It is our goal to work together to make access to running water in every urban home a reality.
CityTaps’ service is developed and operated by multinational team, based in Paris with support in our operation countries.
CTSuite is an innovative solution that integrate a prepaid smart water meter, a low powered radio communication architecture using LoRa, a cloud backend software and integration with payment and third-party systems.
We have been collecting data for more than 18 months of operation and want to use it to improve the water delivery system efficiency.
CityTaps is now looking for a data science doctor eager to use her/his skills to build and implements algorithm and provide added value to our customers
You will report to the CTO and be responsible for:
- analyzing existing data and making improvements to the data collection with our device and backend engineers
- understanding non-revenue water issues for water utilities
- researching, designing and implementing water loss detection algorithms
- design and implement water usage pattern clustering
- with cooperation of the backend developers, include these algorithms in our servers
You will be part of an international team that speaks English and French. New languages are more than welcome.
The position is based in Paris and might require trips abroad to meet our customers.
- You are interested in solving a major and global social crisis and want to use tech for good
- You understand user centered design and that technology is a mean, not a purpose
- You have a PhD in data science or hydraulic/water management systems
- You are autonomous. While you will work in a team of engineers, you will be the expert at CityTaps on this topic.
- You like new technical challenges, you are creative, pro-active and eager to share your knowledge and move the company forward
- You can work in multicultural environment and are fluent in English and/or French