- Job Title/grade: Consultant
- Location: Phnom Penh (Cambodia), with the possibility to travel in provinces of Cambodia and in developing countries in South East Asia, Africa, and Oceania.
- Type of contract: Full Time
- Salary & benefits: Depending on educational background and experience
- Starting Date: We are flexible but our team is eager to have you on board as soon as May 2018
- Reporting to: Directors and co-founders of Sevea
Today, in developing countries:
- 2.7 billion people live with less than 2.5$ per day
- 1.2 billion people don’t have access to electricity
- 2.9 billion people in world still use polluting fuels like wood, coal and charcoal to cook and heat their homes
- 4.5 billion people lack safely managed sanitation services
- 2.1 billion people lack access to safely managed drinking water services
From International Development Agencies working at institutional level to SME/NGOs working at a grassroots level, a lot of actors are striving to improve the living conditions of billions of people and tackle those challenges through innovative solutions/actions such as:
- Pay-As-You-Go models to increase access to an affordable and clean energy,
- Water purification kiosks models, operated by micro-entrepreneurs, to facilitate access to safe drinking water,
- Developing clean & sustainable biomass fuels to mitigate climate change and deforestation,
- Advocacy with governments to catalyse the rise of greener solutions and favourable ecosystems…
SEVEA, 100% DEDICATED TO THE DEVELOPMENT AID SECTOR
At Sevea, we are a team of passionate consultants dedicated to support all the actors (Corporates, Organizations, Governments and SMEs) of the development sector in their initiatives/actions. From creating innovative programs, conducting sectorial studies, mentoring entrepreneurs or acting as expert in national development projects, we develop services and coordinate projects to find the best answers to tackle energy, water and rural development issues in emerging markets. After 7 years of experience in developing countries, Sevea is today supporting projects all around the globe mainly in South East Asia, in Africa, and Oceania.
Find more about us: http://www.seveaconsulting.com/en/
We are currently entering a growth stage and we need to reinforce our team. We are looking for a passionate, hard worker and entrepreneurial minded consultant to join us and support this new phase of our development.
ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
According to the experience of the consultant, different level of responsibilities will be associated to the job. The type of responsibilities is described below:Consultant mission
The consultant will lead or take part in the following advisory services:
- Studies: Sectorial study, Opportunity Study/Market Assessment, Project Evaluation & Impact Assessment
- Business development & Entrepreneurs’ support: SMEs mentoring & fundraising, Market-based Solutions/Projects Development
- Project Management
For most of these assignments, the consultant will have to manage the client, design the methodology and write proposals, and produce/deliver the content of the missions. This requires polyvalent consultants interested in managing all the phases of a project and different mission’s profiles. Usually, in all phases, the consultant is supervised by one of the director of Sevea.Sevea’s development
Sevea being still a start-up, the consultant might be asked to contribute to all aspects of its development. For instance, the consultant could take part in the commercial development of the company by creating strategic partnerships or establishing new client relationships with SMEs or organizations from the development sector and by developing new offers. In the meantime, we are all contributing to the internal life of the company, from reinforcing its communication and marketing tools, to optimizing internal processes to run it more efficiently.
QUALITY AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills in English and including report writing
- Hard-worker, ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical and synthesis skills
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Interested by professional challenges
- Polyvalent and proactive
- Curious, open-minded, and able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Rigorous and meticulous mind-set
- At least proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Experience to answer to call for proposal, grants, and/or writing studies
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Business and Administration or Political Sciences or even double master would be a plus.
- A keen interest in socio-eco-environmental development challenges and solutions in developing countries (examples: clean energy, climate change, drinking water, Bop Market, etc.)
- Experience or strong interest in mentoring entrepreneurs
- Management capabilities (depending on the profile)
We are eager to exchange with you to see where you could bring the most added value to our team!
To find the job description online: http://www.seveaconsulting.com/en/job-offer-consultant/