Are you interested in joining a young team, have a global role in a flexible environment while working in an impact driven organisation?
Who we are
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
About the job
Your main responsibility will be to make sure all finance & accounting processes run smoothly across different ventures and across the group. You will be responsible for deploying finance and accounting operations for new ventures, coordinate our global financial operations and advise the management by providing accurate financial information and insights.
Your key objectives will be to:
- Ensure accurate accounts are provided on time for management to steer business
- Provide tools and processes to augment efficiency and reduce risk of errors in bookkeeping/closing
- Setup checks & balances to allow cost control by management
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Oversee the accounting, financial, legal and tax operations
- Setup (and/or improve) finance operations in a new country and/or business
- Coordinate with 3rd parties:
- monthly & yearly bookkeeping routine
- monthly payroll execution
- quarterly budget cycles (with monthly adjustments)
- expenditure policy application (including cost-control checks / internal audit)
- filing (to ensure smooth external audit)
- Implement operational best practices
- You have a minimum of 3 years of finance and/or accounting experience (ideally Big Four)
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to details
- Strong belief in getting things done - We are nomads traveling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution
Benefits and perks
- Exposure to cultures and ecosystems from over 70 countries
- Build your network of tech entrepreneurs and investors in emerging markets
- Join a young, passionate, hungry and growing team of entrepreneurs & facilitators
- Flexibility: feel free to work from one of our main offices in Porto, Cairo, Abidjan, Cape Town, Lagos, Bogota or remote.