The European Network for Women in Leadership (WIL) is a unique association committed to the promotion and advancement of the professional and social interests of women in leadership positions across Europe.
Since 2010, WIL Europe has been acting as a platform where more than 250 senior level women can meet and exchange, network, enlarge their horizons, and identify opportunities and ideas that are not readily available in their current social and professional environments.
We achieve our mission through international and local events, peer networking, core social and economic debates with key political and business leaders, and via our online website and newsletter. Since 2012, WIL Europe has launched its Women Talent Pool program (WTP), an 18-month cycle program which aims to support high potential women to become tier 1 leaders by offering them a range of online and offline learning and networking opportunities. The 4th edition will start in March 2018 in the presence of EU Digital Commissioner Mariya Gabriel, the godmother of the programme.
As Event and Communications Management Intern, you will have the great challenge to assist the rest of the team in all aspects of our events to ensure that they are executed as smoothly as possible, as well as to help us develop our communications strategy.
Event management (60%)
- Help define the format and schedule of the events
- Conduct researches to find relevant speakers
- Help with the overall logistic organization of the event
- Assist in the coordination of the event’s communication strategy
- Draft the events’ report
Communications management (30%)
- Monitor social media trends and publications on relevant issues for the network (gender equality, corporate social responsibility, digital transition...)
- Support in writing copy (and proofreading) for our website, Newsletter and social media
- Conduct interviews in English
- Develop new initiatives in all areas of the WIL
- Support the General Manager in the running of the daily tasks
- Studies in communication, public affairs, or a relevant field;
- Hands on experience with event management;
- Experience in social media management would be an asset;
- Native level English speaker/writer;
- Excellent writing skills with impeccable attention to detail;
- Flexible, proactive and resourceful with good organisational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines in a rapidly changing environment;
- Fully computer literate; skilled and confident user of office applications.
- Enhanced experience in event management, communications and community management;
- Considered a critical part of the team, you will be rapidly given responsibilities and welcomed to give your opinion and share your ideas on all aspects of the association’s activities;
- Good level of exposure to a network of high-level women from different EU countries
Please send your CV and motivation letter to Alexandra Lacroix, email@example.com. Do not hesitate to attach to your application:
- writing samples
- social media content examples
- examples of past events you have organised, why you enjoyed organising them, which challenges you faced and how you overcame them
Duration: 4 - 6 months
Starting date: as soon as possible (10th of March at the latest)