At Sparknews, we believe that changing the world starts changing the way we talk about it. To achieve this, we identify the most inspiring positive initiatives worldwide and craft events which help work towards the United Nations’ Global Goals by bringing together innovators, media and the corporate world.
What we do
- SOURCING and qualifying impactful initiatives via various networks and calls for projects. We currently have more than 4,000 projects from all over the world in our database.
- SHARING these initiatives with big companies via conferences, events at the Positive Innovation Club, training, customized internal communication tools, and with the public through massive media operations (Impact Journalism Day, Solutions&Co, Women In Businesses for Good, etc.) and through participating in global events (Viva Technology, One Young World etc.).
- CREATING RELEVANT ECOSYSTEMS where we connect influencers, experts, business executives, policymakers, artists, social entrepreneurs and top journalists to build powerful communities.
We are currently recruiting a communications intern to work on the communication strategy of Sparknews, create a communication plan and tools for our programs so that our work can be more impactful and powerful in spreading optimism across the world.
What you’ll do
- Community Management (editorial strategy, observation)
- Develop an editorial and communication strategy
- Coordinate the creation of communication tools (videos, visuals, infographics, widgets…) by being in direct communication with providers and partners
- Develop and animate our websites
- Creation of regular newsletters
Qualities and skills required
- Creative and curious
- Strong interest in the digital sector, the media and the social businesses
- Good knowledge of social media
- Good editorial skills (written and video)
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team and with good communications skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to show both initiative an a high level of organization and rigor
- Ability to do serious things without taking yourself too seriously
- Adobe Creation skills very much appreciated
- Must have strong English language skills (native level very much appreciated)
“Convention de stage” is compulsory
Starting date: ASAP, for 6 months
Location: 37 rue Lafayette, Paris 9e
Salary: € 554 per month + 50% of transportation expenses