Position: Fundraising Officer
Location: Cambodia, based in Phnom Penh with regular trips to the province
Duration: At least 12 months, full-time position
Starting date: 1st February 2018
Deadline for applications: 19th November 2017
Damnok Toek is a local NGO working in Cambodia since 1997 with the aim of supporting vulnerable children such as street children, children with disabilities, and children victims of trafficking/unsafe migration. Damnok Toek has projects in Poipet, Neak Loeung and Phnom Penh.
As Fundraising Officer (FRO), you will work directly on securing funding from multilateral donor agencies, trusts and foundations, government agencies, corporations, embassies and private donors. You will work closely with the Finance Coordinator and the management of DT. This includes coordinating with different DT teams on project level to prepare grant proposals and strengthen the relationship with the donor base:
· Building and maintaining relationships with institutional and private donors and coordinating donor project visits.
· Identifying potential donors for DT projects and developing new proposals and preparing funding submissions.
· Elaborating and monitoring funding plan and annual global budgets.
· Overseeing accounting according to program's budgets, finance policy and donor regulations.
· Assisting with the preparations for the annual audit.
· Compiling and editing narrative donors reports and liaise with project coordinators and accountants to ensure that reports are submitted on a timely manner.
· Building the capacity of the team, including an assistant, on grants management, compliance, reporting, filing, monitoring, evaluation and program cycle management.
· Motivation to work for a grassroots organisation.
· Interest in Child Protection issues and projects supporting vulnerable and street-children.
· Fluent spoken and written English.
· Excellent communication, budgeting and writing skills, particularly for donor proposal writing.
· Knowledge of project cycle management and Logical Framework analysis.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Flexibility and a good sense of humour.
· Capacity to plan and manage a high volume of work with multiple tight deadlines.
· Ability and willingness to travel often to provinces (regular travel is required).
· Knowledge of accounting and financial management preferred
· Experience working on grant management, reporting, fundraising with private and institutional donors or related field preferred