Making clean and sustainable energy accessible to all is something you deeply care about?
Do you dream that any citizen could learn more about the issue and take action at his own level, with the support of the MakeSense community?
Do you dream of working in a unique DIY space dedicated to social innovation in Paris? Surrounded by almost 100 social entrepreneurs, volunteers and co-workers?
Then … jump in!
Our ambition is to engage citizens thanks to inspiring content showcasing innovative solutions and engagement processes that can apply to any citizen. Any citizen will be able to take action and to mobilize people, no need to be an expert of energy transition to change your world! As the "Future of Energy" Project Manager, your role will be at the crossroad of content production and engagement process but also in between MakeSense volunteers and social entrepreneurs developing solutions to tackle this issue.
After a proper training, you will be in charge of:
Knowledge management on the issue of Energy Transition (20%)
As an energy transition enthusiast, you know how to easily explain what is at stake in this issue. One main objective of this program is that the community can gain new skills about the issue, hence be more capable of talking about it and mobilizing citizens to take action.
- Content curation - on a daily basis you will source content from a variety of sources (Internet, offline supports, conferences, networking...)
- Formalizing and sharing collective knowledge and impact created by the community, including through → monthly Newsletter production to share events organized by the community and relevant content on the topic of energy transition → analytical content and reports
Citizen engagement (60%)
MakeSense Engagement and Content teams have designed a very unique program that will enable anyone to become MakeSense Ambassadors and to mobilize citizens in their city to take action on the issue of Energy Transition thanks to the MakeSense formats.
Your role will be to empower those ambassadors, thanks to this Community Program, with the support of the Global Community Development team. You will also facilitate the sourcing of social enterprises that build solutions to tackle those issues.
Coordination of the Community Program to support MakeSense Ambassadors to mobilize people on this issue. The program is * blending knowledge on the issue and trainings to MakeSense open source formats. This involves;
→ welcoming MakeSense volunteers willing to join this program
→ redirecting volunteers to the path of engagement that best fits their needs
→ hosting monthly online calls with the global MakeSense Ambassadors
→ support the diffusion of contents produced by the Content team and the community itself
Spotting Social entrepreneurs: Volunteers involved in this Mobilization will regularly spot social entrepreneurs that are developing impactful solutions.
→ spotting the most inspiring solution and to share them with the content team who will produce materials to share those stories (videos, articles, infographics etc.)
→ getting in touch with those social enterprises sourced by the community to gather their impact metrics. Our global database will be your best allie.
Partnership management (20%)
To build this ambitious program and increase its impact, Makesense works with key partners (private and public organisations). Building strong relationships with them is important for us and key for the program, as those partners will provide useful resources to scale our collective impact on the issue (such as technical expertise, communication resources, new opportunities of collaboration with social entrepreneurs, etc.). You will be the link between our community and our partners:
- Share community needs, successes, challenges emerging from the field and propose new ways for them to support and contribute, during monthly calls and reportings
- Coordinate with their teams to run common activities (such as common events)
- Write and share impact reports every 3 months
- Maintain strong relationships with our partners at the operational level You will be supported in this role by Makesense Partnership Coordinators.
- You are convinced that citizen engagement can solve the most pressing social and environmental challenges of today
- You are analytical and solution-focused
- You are fluent in English
- You have strong people interaction skills, with the ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- You know how to organize, plan and prioritize your work efficiently and autonomously with minimal supervision
- You are super curious and enthusiast about the future of energy
- Can-do attitude in the face of challenges
- You value cultural diversity and being part of an international team
Starting date: December 4th, flexible
Contract: 12 months fixed-term contract, renewable
Salary: According to profile
- You will be able to join some Europeans SenseCamps (https://vimeo.com/96056107) organized by the community and attend various trainings.
- You will work from the sensespace, the collaborative coworking space launched by MakeSense, awarded by Merci Alfred as one of the best place to work in 2017!
- MakeSense innovative and impacting actions and methodologies have been awarded by governments, companies and university which will bring credit to your future career.