CityTaps is a social start-up whose vision is to bring running water in every urban home. Our innovative solution has the potential to dramatically and quantifiably improve the lives and well-being of a billion people who do not have access to water in the home.
Beneficiaries use Mobile Money to prepay for running water with any mobile phone, at any time, for any amount, and improve their household budget. Running water in the home is substantially cheaper, more convenient, and healthier than any alternative.
Our service bridges the gap between water utilities and the urban poor combining prepayment and smart-metering into an innovative solution. Our technical architecture includes a prepaid smart meter, a LoRa communication architecture, a cloud software and integration with mobile payment systems.
Our service is designed and supported by a international team of experts based in Paris.
We are operating our service in sub-saharian Africa, starting with Niger.
You will be part of the technical team that build hardware, write embedded and cloud software, and manage low power radio network.
You will use your skills to deploy and operate LoRa network in remote countries, ensure the correct communication of the meters with our cloud, and take part in the hardware and electronic developments.
Your first tasks will include:
- Building a LoRa network in several countries in Africa. You should have a background in wireless and IP networks and knowledge in RF.
- Ensure the good communication between the meters and our Cloud services.
- Designing electronic hardware of the prepaid meters. You should be comfortable working with EDA software such as Altium or Eagle.
- Writing embedded software in C. You should have previously done projects with Cortex-M microcontrollers, used embedded development and debugging tools.
You will be part of a very international startup team that speaks English and French, along with Spanish. Any new language is more than welcomed.
The job is based in Paris and will require trips in African countriesProfile
- You are an electronics or network engineer, you have knowledge of telecommunication protocols, hardware design and feel comfortable tackling new technical challenges.
- You have excellent French and English skills.
- You are organized, attentive to detail and quality and manage your schedule tightly.
- You are a dynamic, pro-active worker and will bring your ideas to improve all aspects of the technical products we are working on.
- You are interested in travelling the world, Niger will be your next stop.
- You are adaptable and flexible as you will be working in a dynamic startup environment.
Our hiring process include a fist discussion over the phone and then a interview in our office where you will meet the team and discuss with the hardware lead, the CTO and the CEO.
Resume can be boring, share your projects to illustrate your experience.
Your technical skills are as important as your personnality. Diversity, confidence and trust are important to the team.
We try to be fast in our decision process, especially when they is a good fit with our team.