Artist Olafur Eliasson and engineer Frederik Ottesen developed the Little Sun solar LED lamp to get clean, affordable light to the 1.1 billion people worldwide living without electricity in "off-grid" areas. Little Sun is at once a solar lamp, a social business, a work of art, and a way to connect the world through sharing light.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Marketing and Social Media Content Intern to join our team. This person will develop and deliver social media content in a variety of formats to support audience engagement across Little Sun's social media channels as well as assisting with the creation of our marketing materials. Candidates must have excellent writing and communication skills as well as an interest in video production and/or editing.
Your main task would be supporting the work of the communications team including:
- Creating content for Little Sun's social media channels (written text as well as info graphics, short clips, pictures)
- Researching articles and interesting publications in the field of solar, sustainability, social business etc.
- Taking care of daily Social Media posts, engagement with the community and replying to messages
- Help monitor and analyse the performance of social media posts
- Collaborate on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Assisting with website updates, blog posts, etc as well as creating info material and newsletters
- Assisting in preparing/producing additional videos for our education program and other audio-visual resources
- Providing organisational and logistical support for Little Sun projects and campaigns
- Maintaining and updating the image database
- You have excellent knowledge in photo and video editing software like iMovie,Final Cut, Photoshop, Indesign,After Effects or other Adobe CC programs.
- You have excellent communication skills and speak English fluently (German or other languages a significant asset)
- Proactive, driven and creative with strong organisational skills
- Familiar with using major social media platforms
- General office support/administrative routine tasks is not something you shy away from
- You are interested in culture, arts and social inclusive business and global issues
- You enjoy working in a team, but can also work independently