Little Sun Foundation e.V.
The Little Sun Foundation seeks a full-time Fundraising and Education Intern for our Berlin office from August or September for 3 to 6 months. The internship pays 500 € per month.
The Little Sun Foundation, founded by the artist Olafur Eliasson, gives clean solar energy to people who lack energy access. We help improving the living situation of refugee families and children by providing them with solar energy. Thus children in Africa, who are living off the electrical grid, are able to read after the dark and improve their academic performance without being exposed to the harmful fumes of kerosene lamps. We aim to enhance the environmental consciousness of the next generation through solar projects and education programmes.
Please note, that you must be currently enrolled at a university and seeking a mandatory internship!
During your internship, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in planning and realising education projects
- Research for possible funds and assisting in completing grant applications
- Assisting in realising fundraising strategies
- Providing communication material and writing reports
- Administration of image and contact database
- Other organisational and administrative duties
Ideally you are:
- Motivated, creative and excited about learning new things
- Excellent in organsising
- Fluent in English and German (other foreign languages are a plus!)
- Experienced in working for a NGO, fundraising or working in humanitarian projects
- A Teamplayer, who is able to work independently and manage their own time
- Familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Willing to perform typical organisational tasks
- Interested in art, culture and social businesses
As our Little Sun Foundation website is still under construction, please visit www.littlesun.com and / or www.facebook.com/ilovelittlesun for further information about projects, video clips and pictures.