Positioning itself as a venture philanthropist and impact investor, 4WINGS allies with social ventures committed to the fight against social exclusion and precariousness in Belgium.
Through personalised accompaniment, networking, and various forms of support and financing, the members of 4WINGS invest themselves professionally in innovative social projects to ensure a powerful impact that brings about long-term improvement to the living conditions of vulnerable people. 4WINGS attacks precariousness from these three angles: access to housing, tech education, and nutrition-based health.
The Program Officer (PO) will provide critical administrative support to the Foundation and to its Executive Director (ED.)
The PO will assist the Executive Director in building a solid structure for the Foundation’s operation by: setting up and overseeing the Customer Relationship Management, mapping sectors of intervention identified by the ED, collating results of market studies, handling communication tasks, developing and maintaining the Foundation website & newsletters.
In the day-to-day operations, the PO will help the ED perform critical analysis in order to identify prospective grantees; produce reports reviewing & analysing grantees' organisations in order to monitor and evaluate those projects; and prepare Key Performance Indicator reports and Impact Indicator reports.
The PO will also provide general back-office support needed for the ED to prepare & follow-up on meetings,
presentations or work-shops e.g. accounting, excel file update, preparation of ppt, agenda management etc.
- Analyse organisations social impact, structure, business plan, potential for growth, SWOT Document the evaluation of potential grantees
- Develop working relationships with grantee
- Provide recommendations for support to the Executive Director
- Consult with grantees to achieve desired impact of grants / support and assist in developing partnerships with individuals and organisations to enhance the implementation of the foundation strategy
- Develop and maintain foundation website, Newsletter, annual report, and any other potential internal and external communications which the Executive Director allocates
- Communication management
- Workshop animation
- Collate/mapping the results of studies
- General administrative tasks: CRM, update of ppt, excel, preparation of meetings, accounting
Experience & Competencies
- Appropriate academic qualifications – basic field experience / exposure is desirable Fluency in French , a good level of Dutch and a understanding of English is required .
- Determination to see things through, while maintaining an impeccable attention to detail, yet also keeping and eye on the big picture
- Strong research and analytical skills combined with understanding of planning & budgeting
- Ability to coordinate inputs from a large number of people, to track progress against targets and to identify barriers to progress, to plan agendas and facilitate meetings, to organise, evaluate, and communicate information
- Superior listening, verbal, and written communication skills, able to effectively calibrate input and synthesise information to connect with diverse audiences
- A strong interest in poverty, social entrepreneurship, Venture Philanthropy and in the work of foundations
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and CRM (Salesforce) and social media.
What we offer:
- 4/5 possible
- Flexible hours
- A salary inline with the philanthropy sector Dynamic Team and inspiring work environnement