Kamworks registered as Ltd company in Cambodia in 2006 and have since provided solar power to well over 150,000 people. Founded by experienced Dutch solar engineers, Kamworks has the largest track record with both on-grid as well as off-grid solar energy in the country. Moreover, Kamworks products have been exported to Africa, Europe and the Americas. With solar technology rapidly becoming cheaper and with Cambodia's abundant sunshine, the future looks bright!
You will work on a software solution that will be the backbone of Kamworks innovative commercial offer for Pay As You Go Solar Home Systems in the Asia-Pacific region. Driven by a strong entrepreneurial spirit, you will be responsible for technology selection, architecture, design, implementation, deployment and monitoring of new components and features. In this position, you will also have an opportunity to work on an advanced analytics platform and data mining algorithms.
Working in a dynamic agile environment, you will collaborate daily with the project manager, engineers, sales managers and marketers, as well as customers. You should be a core engineer who cares about internals of the systems and applications as well as its look and feel. You should have a strong desire to experiment with cutting edge technologies.
· Work closely with the project manager and the team in designing and creating functionalities that will support the project objectives
· Design, build, and test high quality software in a collaborative environment
· Deploy code in production
· Craft beautiful and well-documented code, follow best practices and hit deadlines
· Propose ideas for system improvements
What you need for this position:
· Education level: Engineer/Master students or Bachelor holder in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
· Extensive programming skills, with working experience in the following technologies (or equivalent): Python/Django (back-end), PostgreSQL (database), C/C++ (hardware interface), version control using Git
· Experience developing and delivering high quality software
· Experience with full product development, from architecture to production
· Strong team worker, also able to work independently
· Pro-active, entrepreneurial attitude
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
· Enthusiasm for the cause: solar energy for rural electrification
· Track record of translating ideas into prototypes quickly
· Experience in developing and deploying cloud based applications
· Previous working experience in a developing country
· Problem Analysis/Solving
· Detailed focused