Kamworks registered as Ltd company in Cambodia in 2006 and have since
provided solar power to well over 150,000 people. Founded by experienced Dutch
solar engineers, Kamworks has the largest track record with both on-grid as
well as off-grid solar energy in the country. Moreover, Kamworks products have
been exported to Africa, Europe and the Americas. With solar technology rapidly
becoming cheaper and with Cambodia's abundant sunshine, the future looks
work on the hardware products that will be the backbone of Kamworks innovative
commercial offer for Pay As You Go Solar Home Systems in the Asia-Pacific
region. Driven by a strong entrepreneurial spirit, you will be responsible for
technology selection, architecture, design, implementation, deployment and
monitoring of new products and features.
Working in a dynamic agile environment, you will collaborate daily with the project manager, engineers, sales managers and marketers, as well as customers. You should be a core engineer who cares about internals of the systems and applications as well as its look and feel. You should have a strong desire to experiment with cutting edge technologies.
This position is located in Phnom Penh,
in Cambodia, and reports to the Project Manager.
· Work closely with the project manager and the team in designing and creating functionalities that will support the project objectives
· Design, build, and test circuit boards and embedded software in a collaborative environment
· Field testing of complete product
· Craft beautiful and well-documented circuit boards and embedded code, follow best practices and hit deadlines
· Propose ideas for system improvements
What you need for this position:
· Education level: Engineer/Master students or Bachelor holder in electronic Engineering
· Circuit board design skills, C++ programming skills, with working experience in the following technologies (or equivalent): Atmel AVR studio, circuit board design software (KiCad) and experience with wireless technologies would be appreciated.
· Experience developing and delivering high quality electronics projects
· Experience with full product development, from architecture to production
· Strong team worker, also able to work independently
· Pro-active, entrepreneurial attitude
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Enthusiasm for the cause: solar energy for rural electrification
· Track record of translating ideas into prototypes quickly
· Experience in developing and deploying cloud based applications
· Previous working experience in a developing country
· Problem Analysis/Solving
· Detailed focused