The Lab Coordinator will help to create opportunities for lab participants to grow their projects, by delivering optimal entrepreneurial support on the basis of PLACE methodologies.
Fluent English and French needed, as well as good knowledge of the Paris entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystems.
Specific responsibilities of the Lab Coordinator include:
- Track and support the evolution of PLACE innovators throughout the labs and in between
- Manage mentor/project relationships
- Liaise with incubators and partners to coordinate the growth of PLACE innovators
- Identify and follow up interesting opportunities for PLACE innovators to grow their projects in Paris
- Coordinate some PLACE labs, including managing a team of co-facilitators
- Take an active part in growing PLACE through business development, including support with partnerships and proposals
Together with the rest of the team, including the Lab Manager and the Lab Producer:
- Train others in delivering PLACE labs and methodologies (including abroad)
- Carry out impact-measurement and reporting to partners linked to different projects within PLACE
- Coordinate remote lab facilitators in other locations and centralize reporting to PLACE network
- Manage projects, including budgets, relative to different PLACE projects
- Represent PLACE towards partners, networks and events, to develop further opportunities for PLACE to grow
Behaviour & skills needed:
- Background or solid experience (3 to 5 years) in entrepreneurial support/business development/facilitation/training
- Simple but effective project & budget-management skills - gets the job done, no matter what
- Quick learner/taste for novelty, experimenting new ways of communicating, good mediator
- Excellent team-player
- High autonomy, capacity to reach goals independently
- Excellent communicator: gets the message across perfectly in person, in writing, over the phone...
- At ease with time-pressure/acceleration phases
- Thrives on creative & human challenges
- High commitment to what PLACE is trying to do and to its Team
- Sense of humour, positivity
- Comfortable with remote teamwork & working from different locations
- Good mastery of spreadsheets
- Autonomous creation of high-standard presentation documents, familiarity with Adobe Suite (mainly InDesign).
Organisation and commitment:
- Immediate start, full-time, flexible work-place
- Either free-lance or CDD, retribution depending on profile
- You will be working closely but autonomously within a team of 6, and report to PLACE Director and PLACE Lab Manager
- Most of the work is carried out in flexible mode- self-organized to reach Team objectives, which are set together weekly and managed between team members throughout the week
- Most of the work will be done in English, so fluency is essential (written and oral). For communicating with external partners in Paris which is specific to this role, oral and written fluency in French is also required.
- Availability for some evening and week-end events: informal gatherings to coordinate the collective, PLACE community events, labs (which are always at week-ends)
- Some travel abroad (Europe)
To apply, please send the following:
1. A letter in English explaining
- Why PLACE is the right opportunity for you
- Why you are the right match for PLACE
Please include details of how you have helped others to develop their potential, if possible in relation to (but not limited to) their entrepreneurial development. Also be sure to include details about your direct experience in entrepreneurship, business development, facilitation or training.
2. Un paragraphe en français décrivant l’équipe idéale que tu aimerais rejoindre- comment fonctionne-t-elle?
3. Your CV (either in English or in French).