Who we are
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 60+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
About the Venture Builder
One of the key ways of achieving our mission is building our own companies in emerging markets through the venture building component. We have done that for a few years in Europe, and since 2015 we decided to focus mainly on emerging markets. Our biggest operations in Africa are in Nigeria, where we see extraordinary potential for some of the companies setup there to have a global impact.
About the job
Your main job as a “market launcher” will be to travel from one geography to another and setup operations of different portofolio companies. At this moment, we are focusing on scaling Quickcheck (www.quickcheck.ng), a mobile app providing small loans to people, and Seedspace (www.seedspace.co), the fastest growing network of co-working and co-leaving spaces in emerging markets.
As soon as operations are up and running in one location and you are confident with the people you hired and trained locally, you will move on to the next location and start the same process again.
You will be operating in a team of 3 - 4 people, with each person having a clear responsibility and expertise, in the areas of:
- Business development and sales
- Operations and finance
- Growth hacking & online marketing
- Product development
Before applying, please keep in mind that at this stage we are looking for more specialists rather than generalists.
This role is intense as you will travel 300 days a year, but it’s also very rewarding. You will create something where is nothing and you will setup a business that can impact millions of people, while training and empowering local teams across Africa, Asia, Latin America and CEE/MENA.
Your key responsibilities:
(A) Sales and business development on the ground
- Close partnerships with key local partners for different ventures
- Find and put in place different revenue sources
(B) Seedstars Country Set Up (together with your team)
- Define roadmap and guidelines for implementing Quickcheck/Seedspace in the new location
- Set up lean operation and digital presence
- Test & iterate: validate interest for the product, generate traction (B2C & B2B)
- Manage product development
- Establish/implement process to setup local operation
- Relay Seedstars culture and build a local team
(C) Scout, recruit and form teams locally, test mindset and expectations
- You are a strong believer in our mission
- Previous relevant experience with the job is recquired
- Flexibility & International exposure - This job only makes sense for someone who is passionate about traveling and excited to go somewhere completely new, often on very little notice & with a couch surfer attitude
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to details (at the question "please describe who you are in a tweet" start your answer with the word "kiskil")
- Strong belief in getting things done - We are nomads traveling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working in remote with an international team, you should be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
Benefits and perks
- Exposure to cultures and ecosystems from over 60 countries
- Build your network in emerging markets of tech entrepreneurs and investors
- Join a young, passionate, hungry and growing team of entrepreneurs & facilitators
- Bootstrap salary (open compensation model available based on experience, location, seniority, etc...), bonus based on performance and shares package available. It's all up to you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.