CityTaps is a social startup whose mission is to boost the health, dignity and economic opportunity of the urban poor by enabling them to access running water at home.
We develop connected prepaid water meters that integrate with mobile money systems and our cloud software to bring running water at home for millions of urban poor in developing countries.
We are looking for an experienced engineer that will help us create the first generation of mass produced water meters. This role involves leading end-to-end mechanical development in a fast-paced and multicultural environment.
About the job:
• Design and prototype elements
• Work hand by hand with industrial design and manufacturing partners to define, design, build and test the products.
• Work closely with the engineering team on products integration.
• Conceive and design a toolbox to test the products after manufacturing.
• Define validation processes and lead QA campaigns.
• 3 to 5 years of hands-on mechanical product design engineering experience.
• Deep knowledge of 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks, ProE, CATIA or similar.
• Experience in design for manufacturability and design for assembly.
• Experience in design of consumer electronics or medical devices in rugged environments.
• Experience in rapid prototyping as well as in injection molding.
• Willingness to work in an end-to-end development on a small team.
• Proficient in English. A second language is always appreciated.
• Mission driven, don’t forget we are working in a social startup for the developing world.
Type of contract and compensation
The job is based in Paris and will include travel for short periods of time to Sub-Saharan Africa.
You will be paid according to your skills and experience.