The EU Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council establishing the European Voluntary Humanitarian Aid Corps – EU Aid Volunteers and related legislation create a framework for joint contributions from European volunteers to support and complement humanitarian aid in third countries. Therefore, the EU Aid Volunteers Initiative provides opportunities to European citizens and long-term residents, from a wide range of backgrounds and with a diversity of skills and professional experience, to get involved in humanitarian aid projects, support the provision of needs-based humanitarian aid in third countries and engage in volunteering opportunities.
Within this framework, the European Guild and the Mouvement Paysan Papaye are currently recruiting 2 EU Aid Volunteers, both from junior and senior profiles. Together, they will work on a food security project. For that team, we are currently looking for a Senior Volunteer in Finance and Accounting in Haïti.
1. Administrative tasks
- Supervision of administrative reporting and expenditures requirements of the project
- Supervision of administrative documents compliance
- Ensure smooth communication with other partners
- Supervision of regular accounting, including monthly reconciliations
3. Financial tasks
- Draft of financial reports
- Organizing and implementing the monthly programming work;
- Coordinating, participating and supporting all the other activities required for the proper development of the mission.
a. Promote local volunteerism in disaster risk reduction, prevention and response;
b. Train local volunteers on organization and implementation of volunteer-based activities, when applicable;
c. Promote partnerships and collaboration between local and European organizations;
d. Draft and publish articles describing volunteer’s experience in the field;
e. Gather audiovisual materials to be used in a public awareness activity in the volunteer’s local community in Europe;
f. In coordination with the NGOs partner of the project, organize and execute a public awareness activity once back in Europe.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or in another field if combined with deep relevant experience
- Humanitarian/development project cycle management knowledge
Required experience :
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in finance, administration, budget, business administration is required
- Experience in budget preparation and monitoring
- A minimum 1 year work in developing countries
Prior volunteer experience is an asset
- Fluent in French both written and verbal
- English, level equal to or higher than B2
Qualités requises :
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, and good general knowledge of the full Office suite
- Good interpersonal skills and stress management
- Reports drafting
- Team working
- Intercultural awareness and respectful attitude towards other customs and traditions
The candidate for EU Aid Volunteers must be a citizen of the EU or a third country national who is a long-term resident in an EU Member State, and must have a minimum age of 18 years.
Availability for training in presence starting from November 2016, availability for deployment starting from January 2017. Fluent French.
Candidates must satisfy the requirements set out in Regulation (EU) No 375/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 3 April 2014 establishing the European Voluntary Humanitarian Aid Corps (« EU Aid Volunteers initiative »), which include having a minimum age of 18 years old and being a citizen of EU or a third country national who is a long-term resident in an EU Member State.
The European Guild applies a policy of equal opportunities and accepts applications without distinction on the grounds of sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.