Wave is a charitable organisation bringing people with and without learning disabilities together. We provide places and events for people with and without learning disabilities to comfortably mix, socialise and work together as equals. Our aim is to change attitudes towards learning disabilities to break down the attitudinal and practical barriers that can result in people with learning disabilities being marginalised. Our focus is on mutual transformation - changing the attitudes and experience of those without disabilities (i.e. the root cause of exclusion) being as important as building the integration and self-esteem of those with learning disabilities.
We have a very exciting project in the pipeline: we are setting up a social enterprise café. We want to create an inclusive space for people with and without learning disabilities in London. Our café will be a lively place for the whole community to meet and enjoy with arts and creative events in the evening (live music, talks, exhibitions...). Wave Café has a unique concept and business model. Not only all profits will be re-invested in support of Wave’s mission, but Wave Cafe will also provide work opportunities, including for those with learning disabilities.
About the job
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to help with Wave Café marketing. We are at a very early stage of this project, there is plenty to do and you will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of marketing.
Your responsibilities include:
Digital Marketing/Social Media
· Assist in the development of digital marketing strategy
· Assist in the development of content, campaigns, and promotions for social media platforms (Facebook and Twitter)
· Brainstorm, develop and implement social media campaigns
· Maintain active profiles on a variety of social media platforms by using social media engagement techniques
· Manage development of Wave Café website
- Assist in the development of PR strategy
- Identify relevant contacts and get in touch with local and national media for press coverage and promotion of Wave events and Wave Café
- Create content for Wave external comms
Wave Café Pop-Ups (Wave is running evening pop-ups)
- Assist in the development of Wave Café pop-ups (organization, programme, offer…)
- Promote pop-ups online and offline
This is a great opportunity to work in a start-up environment and help start a business while having a social impact. Depending on your areas of interest your mission could evolve. We are a small team, but very friendly and very keen to help you develop.
- Proficient in all major social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Students majoring in Marketing, Communications or Business Management preferred.
- Previous experience in marketing, digital marketing or PR or a passion for social enterprise preferred.
- Profile: self-started, autonomous and creative.We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible to work from 2 to 4 days a week (depending on availability). Placement based in Central London.