CityTaps is a social startup whose vision is to bring running water to every urban home in the developing world.
We are developing a prepaid water solution that integrates with Mobile Money systems to bring running water at home for millions of urban residents in developing countries.
CityTaps is currently running its service in sub-Saharan Africa
We are looking for an enthusiastic JS developer (intern) who will help us develop and run the cloud systems that power our IoT service. This role involves designing and developing backend and frontend components and improving our continuous integration workflow.
We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
About the mission:
• Work with the CTO and the software team
• Use the following technologies: NodeJS, ES6, Express, Tape, IoT, MQTT, Docker, AWS Lambda
• Design, develop, test, and maintain modules
• Enhance the code quality and our coding best practices
• Suggest ideas to move the project forward
• Bring a good attitude and show willingness to work on the daily tasks of a startup
• The internship is based in Paris. It should last 3 to 6 months (longer is better)
• Experience in nodeJS backend development to build REST API
• Experience in webapp development and integration
• Good habits with Git, unit testing, and documentation
• Understanding of cloud software requirements and network protocols
• Willingness to work on end-to-end development with a small team
• Proficiency in English. other languages are always appreciated
• Mission-driven, don’t forget we are working in a social startup for the developing world.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume explaining:
1) What makes you awesome
2) What makes CityTaps awesome
3) How you + CityTaps = even more awesome.