Organisation: Passerelles numériques
Reporting to: Education manager
Status: Intern or volunteer
Project: Passerelles numériques Cambodia
Start date / duration: October 2016, minimum 4 months
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Passerelles numériques (PN), a non-profit organisation, is dedicated to enabling highly disadvantaged youths, through their abilities and their commitment, to access education and technical and vocational training, in the sector of Information Technology. We work to build strong employability which will allow them and their families to sustainably escape poverty, and contribute to the social and economic development of their countries.
Established in Cambodia, the Philippines and Vietnam, Passerelles numériques currently trains 513 students. PN employs around 100 people based in these three countries including a small team in France.
Passerelles numériques relies on the financial and skills sponsorship of several corporate partners such as Accenture, Econocom, CA Technologies, Microsoft and Société Générale and also receives support from individual donors.
In Cambodia, Passerelles numériques started its mission in 2005, with a training centre based in Phnom-Penh. In 2007, the first class graduated with 20 students, and most of them had a job just after graduation. Today, PN Cambodia (PNC) trains 199 students and graduated 721 young disadvantaged since 2005.
Passerelles numériques (PN) is looking for an Intern based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The main objective of his/her mission will be to support the Education team in its daily operations.
3. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in students’ daily follow up and support
- Actively support the operations and the development of the Students’ Association and its clubs
- Support the design and/or implementation of the existing education projects (e.g. PNC’s Library) and of new projects.
- Participate in the design and facilitation of education activities and trainings.
- Help formalize education practices and capitalize on good practices.
Fully integrated in the center’s life, the Intern will also collaborate with other teams for inter-department activities such as events at PNC, extra classes, etc.
- Experience working in contact with youth such as activity facilitation and/or educational support and follow up
- Very good spoken and good written English which is the working language
- Autonomy, pro-activity, ability to adapt him/herself to a multi-cultural environment, flexibility
- Interest in development and social issues
Status: Unpaid intern or volunteer.
There is a possibility of accommodation at the students’ dormitory for all or part of the assignment (subject to availability).
For people paying income tax in France, all the costs of the assignment (e.g. plane tickets, vaccines, insurance and visa) are considered as donations and as such are 66% tax deductible.