You will be responsible for project managing and delivering a range of activities. This will include recruiting, training and managing student volunteers, building productive relationships with community partners and key stakeholders, conducting monitoring and evaluation and continuously looking for ways to implement improvements and grow these areas. You will deliver the following programmes:
• Schools Plus: Kingston Hub’s flagship volunteer tutoring programme supporting school pupils to reach their academic potential.
• Empower: Our new near-to-peer schools mentoring programme.
• Student Volunteering Week: An exciting national campaign celebrating student volunteering.
• Sports and Disabilities: A programme supporting young disabled people to engage with sport.
• Other small projects: You will be responsible for delivering other small projects as appropriate.
We’re looking for someone with some relevant experience, a passion for social action and lots of potential. The successful candidate will have the energy to drive forward Kingston Hub combined with the right personality to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders from students to senior university staff. They will be committed to the role for a full 10 months, and dedicated to pursuing a socially-impactful career. We’re looking for someone who has:
• A confident, can-do and proactive attitude.
• A persuasive enthusiasm for social action, tackling educational disadvantage and local community action.
• Strong organisational skills and good attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate appropriately with people at all levels, motivate students and build relationships.
• Ability to work well within a team or independently, and to work well under pressure.
• A flexible approach combining energy, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
• Experience of student social action is not essential but would be highly desirable.
• Able to empathise and work with a diverse range of people.
The successful candidate should be educated to degree level or similar.
This is a full time 10 month graduate position based at Kingston University with a view to extension. Please find the full application pack at studenthubs.org/jobs where there are more detailsa about Kingston Hub and the role in general.