The start-up: Sparknews
Created in 2012 by Christian de Boisredon (Ashoka fellow), Sparknews is a social start-up, at the crossroad between leading medias and social innovation. Our mission is to share inspiring solutions and initiatives to trigger action.
3 main activities:
SHARING these solutions in companies during conferences and large scale media operations:
- in leading media worldwide through Impact Journalism Day, with +55 leading
medias in +50 countries that publish supplements reaching 120 million readers
(Le Figaro, El Pais, Die Welt, Asahi
Shimbun, The Straits Times, USA today, Al Hayat, Le Soir...).
More here : http://impactjournalismday.com/ and watch the Editors in Chief speak
- in leading economic media though Solutions&Co, with +20 economic newspapers worldwide (Les Echos, De Tijd, Handelsblatt, Kommersant, Financial Times... ) that give business solutions to climate change. More here: www.solutionsandco.org
ASSISTING companies in their social innovation strategy and creating quality relations between companies and innovations through activities like “colabs” and a corporate Club
Main missions for the intern:
- Be in direct communication with the existing +60 media partners of the 2016 editions of IJD and Solutions&Co,
- Assist in delivering Solutions&Co: prospecting new titles for the 2016 edition on Nov 4th and managing relationships (contact with the editors-in-chief, manage the content with the editorial team, manage contracts and specific needs, widget implementation etc. )
- coordinate related events around Solutions&Co: seminars, forums, workshops etc.
- launch an international open call for projects for IJD 2017 and start preparing IJD 2017
- assist the team in developing digital strategies for media operations
- Manage complex documents and databases
- work independently
- social skills
- bilingual French and /or English and / or Spanish and/or other languages (Chinese, Arabic, Portuguese, Russian, Hindi etc.) are appreciated but not mandatory
- be interested in the media sector and digital challenges faced by media
- be dynamic, rigorous and proactive, curious and interested in social innovation