When farmers improve their harvests, they pull themselves out of poverty. They also start producing surplus food for their neighbors. When farmers prosper, they eradicate poverty and hunger in their communities.
One Acre Fund is growing quickly and we are proud to soon represent Africa’s largest network of smallholder farmers. By 2020, we will serve at least 1 million farm families - with more than 5 million people living in those families. And our farmers will produce enough surplus food to feed another 5 million of their neighbors.
This is only the tip of the iceberg. When millions of farmers speak with one voice, we can more effectively pursue collaboration together with government and the private sector to broaden our reach.A Business Solution for Smallholder Farmers.
Smallholder farmers living in remote places need support in more than one area. We provide a complete set of services within walking distance of the farmers we serve. Our service bundle includes:
- Financing for farm inputs
- Distribution of seed and fertilizer
- Training on agricultural techniques
- Market facilitation to maximize profits from harvest sales
Farming is the dominant economic activity of the world’s poor. One Acre Fund makes that activity significantly more productive. We are growing as fast as possible to capture an incredible opportunity.Careers at One Acre Fund.
One Acre Fund is growing quickly, and we plan to at least quadruple our farmer impact in the next five years. Each job plays a major role in driving that growth and ensuring that this growth is stable and systematic – while also adding major innovations and improvements to our program quality. This offers a strong career opportunity: the ability to learn from a successful field operation, contribute to aggressive growth, and also make improvements to our program.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 2 to 5+ years of work experience, and a demonstrated long-term passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Top-performing undergraduate background.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas or cities in our countries of operation for at least two years – most of our roles are a long-term, career-track role. The ideal candidate will have at least one year demonstrated experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
- Language: English required in all locations. French required for some locations.
- Ability to cook/laugh – desirable.
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.