Community Developer for an innovative community solving eco-design challenges in cities.
CommonsSense is looking for a community developer for a community that solves eco-design challenges powered by VINCI, the world's leading concession and construction group. This community was launched in July 2015 and is called ecowork (www.ecowork.cc)
CommonsSense helps private and public organizations create and facilitate innovative communities. This ambitious and pioneering project aims to create a community gathering the diverse stakeholders of urban transformation to solve concrete challenges around eco-design and give better visibility to eco-design projects and tools in France and abroad in order to reduce and optimize the impact of construction on the environment. This community will gather active players of urban transformation in all their diversity (public, private, small or big companies...).
We are looking for an eco-design passionate who will facilitate this community with us, based on the know-how of CommonsSense, and continue developing it in France and Europe.
After a proper training you will be in charge of:
Facilitating the already existing community of 100 people and making it grow by: 1. Empowering the members to organize workshops and 2. Recruiting new members
Creating new connections between diverse actors and generating new and innovative mobilizations in the field of sustainable design
Following innovative eco-design projects from the research phase to the development phase and working hand in hand with researchers in that field (especially from the VINCI/ParisTech Eco-design Chair (Chaire eco-conception).
Creating & implementing communication campaigns to mobilize industry actors around specially identified topics on Social Media - Extensive use of social media, especially LinkedIn
Organizing special events and delivering trainings
Managing and creating new partnerships worldwide
Assessing and following-up on the impact of the project
Knowledge & Skills:
- You master the subject and tools of eco-design in construction, especially energy performance, sustainable mobility, and urban biodiversity and agriculture(you have gotten to know them through your studies, professional experience or as an autodidact)
- You have successfully managed projects involving partnerships with different kinds of organizations: corporates, public institutions, student associations.
- You're autonomous but can easily report and synchronize with others
- You're a professional networker & connector
- You’re Fluent in English, French and a third language
- You are at ease working in very different environments (academic, start-up, big company...).
- You don't mind working with flexible hours. Lots of events might happen in the evenings or weekends
- You're interested in innovation - methods, tools, ecosystems -
- You have already made presentations and spokenin front of important audiences
- You apply the rules of the lean start-up in any initiative you take. You thrive in a fast paced and uncertain environment.
- You have experience in creating interesting and attractive content
- You are professional and have had experience working in a big organization (public or private).
- And if you don't have one of these skills, you are super happy and willing to learn it !
- Starting date: beginning of May
- Salary depending on level of experience
- CDD (fixed term contract) 6 months - renewable
11 rue Biscornet