About Kiron Open Higher Education
Kiron OHE (gUG) is a Berlin-based non-profit start-up whose mission is to remove barriers that prevent refugees and displaced people from accessing higher education. We aim to facilitate the economic and social integration of those populations in Europe. Our students complete two years of study online and integrate one of our partner universities in the third year, where they obtain an accredited university degree. Kiron is currently implementing a branch in Paris and is in the process of extending Kiron's actions in France. For more information, please visit https://kiron.ngo.
Our University Partnerships Director will have the opportunity to work directly with our partner universities in France while undertaking initiatives to find and build new university and language institute partnerships. This role is central to the success of Kiron, as our educational offer depends on our ability to integrate our students into an accredited degree granting institution for their third year of study.
The chosen candidate will be recruited as a volunteer officially contracted by the Berlin headquarters. The chosen candidate will be a fully integrated member of the Kiron network. Duration of the contract is negotiable. Hours are flexible and decided within the Kiron France team; given experience the position requires 15-20 hours per week. The position is unpaid, but dependent on funding there exists opportunity to eventually work yourself into a full time position. Deadline for application is April 22, 2016. Orientation will occur in early May. The candidate should preferably begin working during summer 2016.
The University Partnerships Director will work directly with our Academics Team and our Academic Partnerships Consultant to oversee the following tasks:
- Maintain and expand our established partnerships with academic actors
- Identify and acquire new university partners whose academic offer compliments the Kiron program
- Develop a strategy for broad university recognition of Kiron's MOOC courses
- Develop a long-term strategy for national recognition of Kiron as a higher educational institution
- Develop partnerships with language institutions in France to provide in-person linguistic support to Kiron students
- Oversee the implementation of Kiron's Student Ambassador program
- Coordinate with volunteers in the Academics Team
- Excellent oral communication and negociation skills
- Excellent oral and written French; good English communication skills
- Previous professional experience working with higher education and university administrations and extensive knowledge of the French university system
- Interest in supporting refugees in their goals for achieving higher education
- Dedicated, motivated, and flexible personality
The candidate should be able to make a one-year commitment to the position.