About Kiron Open Higher Education
Kiron OHE (gUG) is a Berlin-based non-profit start-up whose mission is to remove barriers that prevent refugees and displaced people from accessing higher education. We aim to facilitate the economic and social integration of those populations in Europe. Our students complete two years of study online and integrate one of our partner universities in the third year, where they obtain an accredited university degree. Kiron is currently implementing a branch in Paris and is in the process of extending Kiron's actions in France. For more information, please visit https://kiron.ngo.
The Curriculum Director will have the opportunity to match Kiron's academic offering with the offerings of partner and potential partner universities. This position is essential to ensuring that Kiron students are adequately prepared to integrate the academic curriculum of their choice in their third year. Position can be filled remotely.
The chosen candidate will be recruited as a volunteer officially contracted by the Berlin headquarters. The chosen candidate will be a fully integrated member of the Kiron network. Duration of the contract is negotiable. Hours are flexible and decided within the Kiron Paris team; given experience the position requires 15-20 hours per week. The position is unpaid, but dependent on funding there exists opportunity to eventually work yourself into a full time position. Deadline for application is April 22, 2016. Orientation will occur in early May. The candidate should preferably begin working during summer 2016.
The Curriculum Director will work closely with the Academics Team and the University Partnerships Director, and will oversee the following tasks:
- Matching Kiron's MOOCs with the prerequisites of partner universities
- Together with the University Partnerships Director, ensuring that Kiron's academic tracks are up to the standards of partner university curriculums
- Ensuring the adequate preparation of Kiron students for integration in third year partner universities through careful construction of Kiron academic curriculums
- Regular coordination with Berlin office on curriculum matching
- Continual identification of new MOOC courses, particularly French courses, and adding them to the Kiron platform via a database
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English and French; knowledge of German a plus
- University degree in an education related field
- Ability to discern common features of university courses in a variety of fields
- Experience managing and organizing databases
- Dedicated, motivated, and flexible personality
The candidate should be able to make a one-year commitment to the position.