About Kiron Open Higher Education
Kiron OHE (gUG) is a Berlin-based non-profit start-up whose mission is to remove barriers that prevent refugees and displaced people from accessing higher education. We aim to facilitate the economic and social integration of those populations in Europe. Our students complete two years of study online and integrate one of our partner universities in the third year, where they obtain an accredited university degree. Kiron is currently implementing a branch in France and is in the process of extending Kiron's actions in France. For more information, please visit https://kiron.ngo.
The Internal and Regional Relations Director is the main contact point between Kiron France and the head office in Berlin. This position is essential in maintaining clear and frequent communication between Paris and Berlin, as well as with the other regional Kiron groups (e.g. Istanbul, Brussels, Munich, Amman, Stockholm). This person will ensure that the French branch is acting in accordance with the vision and direction of Berlin.
The chosen candidate will be recruited as a volunteer officially contracted by the Berlin headquarters. The chosen candidate will be a fully integrated member of the Kiron network. Duration of the contract is negotiable. Hours are flexible and decided within the Kiron France team; given experience the position requires 15-20 hours per week. The position is unpaid, but dependent on funding there exists opportunity to eventually work yourself into a full time position. Deadline for application is April 22, 2016. Orientation will occur in early May. The candidate should preferably begin working during summer 2016.
The Internal and Regional Relations Director will work closely with the Kiron Paris Office Manager and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Understanding clearly the structure of leadership in Berlin and assisting team members in Paris with contacting relevant leaders in Berlin.
- Maintaining frequent communication with Berlin using communication and project management softwares
- Defining priorities for the Paris team according to instruction and vision of Berlin
- Mediating miscommunications between Paris office and other Kiron offices
- Working with the Kiron Paris Office Manager on Strategy Building and Sustainability
- Working with Berlin on enlarging the Kiron Competence Pool to include professionals and leaders based in France
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English and French; Communicative competency in German a plus
- Friendly demeanor and competency in cross-cultural communication
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience using communication and project management softwares a plus
- General interest in education and refugee services
- Flexibility and a desire to participate in a fast-paced start-up environment
The candidate should be able to make a one-year commitment to the position.