Created in 2012 by Christian de Boisredon (Ashoka fellow), Sparknews is a startup, at the crossroad between leading media and impact innovation. Our mission is to share inspiring solutions and initiatives to trigger action.
3 main activities:
SOURCING initiatives with high social and environmental impact and developing expertise in these sectors.
SHARING these solutions in companies during conferences and large scale media operations:
- in leading media worldwide through Impact Journalism Day, with +55 leading media in +50 countries that publish supplements reaching together 120 million readers (Le Figaro, Asahi Shimbun, The Straits Times, USA today, Al Hayat, La Presse, Le Soir...).
- in leading economic media though Solutions&Co, with +20 economic newspapers worldwide (Les Echos, De Tijd, Handelsblatt, Kommersant, Financial Times... ) that give business solutions to climate change the frame of COP21.
ASSISTING companies in their social innovation strategy thanks to consulting missions (CSR, innovation, mobilisation...), seminars (inspiring content), sourcing missions and creating quality relations between companies and innovations through activities like “colabs” and a Club
Main missions for the intern
- managing the existing partnerships with the +70 newspapers of the network
- prospecting new titles for the 2016 edition: contact with the editors-in-chief,
- managing the content alongside the editorial team and specific needs of the partners
- being proactive around editorial content for partner newspapers
- assisting partner media in growing their solutions journalism strategies on a daily basis
- creating partnerships with TV/radios for IJD 2016
- coordinating related events: seminars, forums, workshops etc.
- Managing complexe documents and databases
Required skills and competences
- work independently
- social skills
- native speakers of English. Spanish and/or other languages (Mandarin, Arabic, Portuguese, Russian, Hindi etc.) are appreciated but not mandatory
- be curious and interested in solutions journalism and innovation
- be dynamic, rigorous and proactive
Background: International and political sciences/communication & media/business/engineer/political sciences/translation
Location: Paris 9e
Starting date: ASAP