Fellowship Volunteering Opportunity at Ashoka UK
Time commitment: Three project based placements available annually: January-April, May-August, September-December, Full Time (with some flexibility)
Location: Ashoka UK’s office at 15 Old Ford Road, Bethnal Green, London, E2 9PJ
Volunteer position – expenses covered: London Travel Card Zones 1-2 + £5 per day for lunch
Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for any paid or unpaid position at Ashoka UK.
Ashoka is on an audacious mission - to create a world where everyone is a changemaker, i.e. a world where everyone has the agency and skills to make a positive change in their families or communities. It is only in such a world where the solutions will outrun our social problems. With its global network of over 3000 leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows), 10,000 youth ventures, 180+ changemaker schools, and 30+ changemaker campuses - as well as a community of 20,000+ innovators on Changemakers.com - Ashoka empowers young people with the skills to create and drive solutions for the good of all, and helps build and evolve enabling environments - schools, universities and organizations - to help them thrive in a world of constant change.
Role and Responsibilities
Do you have an eye for the next big thing in social enterprise? Here in the Fellowship team at Ashoka, we’re bringing together the UK’s most ambitious, effective changemakers. We’re working with the most important people on the frontline of social change.
The Fellowship team focusses upon supporting elected Ashoka Fellows through network connections, strategic advice, communications and events as well as measuring the impact of their work. Fellowship activities involve Fellows relationship management, events and workshops organisation, community building, as well as impact measurement.
Our new team mate will ideally have experience in the social sector and a personal track record of taking the lead. We hope that they will be as excited as we are to build Ashoka’s community partnerships and that they have a keen eye for the details. In addition we hope that they will be skilled at building strong relationships.
Meet The Team:
You’ll love working with the Ashoka UK Team! We’re a diverse group – who are passionate about the social entrepreneurship sector. We always support ‘out of the box’ thinking and will make sure that you have space to develop your ideas and that you take initiatives on your own projects. The Role
Scope of Work
Fellowship (60% or 3 days a week):
- Support the Programme Manager in the execution and the tracking of the Fellowship programme
- Co-ordinating events, workshops and meetings for Ashoka Fellows and experts from the business sector
- Conduct research to improve the Fellowship strategic offer
- Supervise and run a monthly newsletter for Fellows
- Administering new engagements with business experts and donors, and strengthening relationships with existing partners
Impact measurement (30% or 1.5 days a week):
· Help the Programme Manager coordinate the impact measurement process
· Assist the Programme Manager in the drafting of the impact report
· Support the Programme Manager in various quantitative and qualitative analysis
Admin (10% or 0.5 days a week):
- Support the UK team with database management on Salesforce
- Support the UK team with general admin
Required Skills and Experience
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Demonstrated track record in producing high quality written materials
· Ability to work productively, proactively and independently, on own initiative
· Excellent time management skills
· Organised and detail-oriented
· Experience in the citizen sector, either as a social entrepreneur or a volunteer, trustee etc.