Operations and Events Management Opportunity at Ashoka UK
Time commitment: Two project based placements available annually: January-June, June- December, Part Time (with some flexibility)
Location: Ashoka UK’s office at 15 Old Ford Road, Bethnal Green, London, E2 9PJ
Volunteer position – expenses covered: London Travel Card Zones 1-2 + £5 per day for lunch
Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for any paid or unpaid position at Ashoka UK.
Ashoka is on an audacious mission - to create a world where everyone is a changemaker, i.e. a world where everyone has the agency and skills to make a positive change in their families or communities. It is only in such a world where the solutions will outrun our social problems. With its global network of over 3000 leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows), 10,000 youth ventures, 180+ changemaker schools, and 30+ changemaker campuses - as well as a community of 20,000+ innovators on Changemakers.com - Ashoka empowers young people with the skills to create and drive solutions for the good of all, and helps build and evolve enabling environments - schools, universities and organizations - to help them thrive in a world of constant change.
Do details make your world go round? We’re looking for a new volunteer for a long term position with Ashoka UK, we’d love to meet you if you’re interested in the smaller picture! Here in the Operations team, we know that changing the world depends on getting the little things right and we’d like to find someone who shares this understanding. We’re looking for an organiser, a co-ordinator, someone who finds pleasure in creating order.
The role would involve supporting and managing the systems and processes that keep the Ashoka UK family running happily. From equipment management in the office to co-ordinating strategic guest lists for our events, a lot of the work will orientate around the logistics that enable the Ashoka UK team. We’re especially keen to meet someone familiar with technology, who can liaise with our remote tech support team to keep us running in the UK.
Our ideal candidate would be a serial organiser, someone who is constantly creating a method in the madness. Experience of the social impact / third sector is not strictly necessary.
Meet The Team
You’ll love working with the Ashoka UK Team! We’re a diverse group – who are passionate about the social entrepreneurship sector. We always support ‘out of the box’ thinking and will make sure that you have space to develop your ideas and that you take initiatives on your own projects.
Scope of Work
UK Office Management (40%):
· Managing day to day premises issues, ensuring the office is a bright, clean, pleasant space to work;
· Purchasing and maintaining office furniture, stationery, IT equipment and other supplies;
· Monitoring the condition of team equipment and liaising with service providers;
· Co-ordinate service provider logistics, including cleaners, external IT support, grocery delivery.
UK Team Support (20%):
· General errands, including trips to the post-office, room bookings, venue bookings etc.;
· Maintaining and supporting our contact management systems;
· Supporting team building activities;
· On-boarding new staff members with the support of the global tech team.
Tech Support (10%):
· Co-ordinating with global tech support and external IT support partners to maintain and fix tech systems in the office;
· Enabling team efficiency, through supporting the team to diagnose IT problems.
Events Support (30%):
· Supporting the team in strategic guest list management;
· Supporting the logistical delivery of events,
Required Skills and Experience
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Demonstrated track record in creating systems and processes
· Ability to work productively, proactively and independently, on own initiative
· Excellent time management skills
· Organised and detail-oriented