Partnerships & Business Development Opportunity at Ashoka UK
Time commitment: Three project based placements available annually: January-April, May-August, September-December, Full Time (with some flexibility)
Location: Ashoka UK’s office at 15 Old Ford Road, Bethnal Green, London, E2 9PJ
Volunteer position – expenses covered: London Travel Card Zones 1-2 + £5 per day for lunch
Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for any paid or unpaid position at Ashoka UK.
Ashoka is on an audacious mission - to create a world where everyone is a changemaker i.e. a world where everyone has the agency and skills to make a positive change in their families or communities. It is only in such a world where the solutions will outrun our social problems. With its global network of over 3000 leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows), 10,000 youth ventures, 180+ changemaker schools, and 30+ changemaker campuses - as well as a community of 20,000+ innovators on Changemakers.com - Ashoka empowers young people with the skills to create and drive solutions for the good of all, and helps build and evolve enabling environments - schools, universities and organizations - to help them thrive in a world of constant change.
Role and Responsibilities
Ashoka UK are looking for a Partnerships & Business Development Volunteer with an interest in promoting the social entrepreneurship sector in the UK and an aptitude for research, making connections and thinking creatively about partnerships opportunities. From funding proposals, partnership pitches to mapping out networks, you will be involved in the various activities of the Partnership team.
Our new volunteer will help strengthen the development of our UK programmes and help implement some of Ashoka’s partnerships. We’re looking for someone with a keen sense of detail who will embrace a chance to dive into the core of Ashoka’s activities engaging with various UK fellows, partners and our communities. It’s a chance to get real experience in pitching projects and managing the tools for efficient fundraising.
Each volunteer is also involved in supporting the work that keeps the Ashoka office ticking, working under the supervision of the Operations Associate. This might mean working with our database of contacts to improve Ashoka’s reach, or it might mean helping with the events organisation and working on the day to day office management.
Meet The Team:
You’ll love working with the Ashoka UK Team! We’re a diverse group – who are passionate about the social entrepreneurship sector. We always support ‘out of the box’ thinking and will make sure that you have space to develop your ideas and that you take initiatives on your own projects.
Scope of Work:
Business Development (60%):
· Pipeline management: Updating and developing the funding pipeline
· Presentations: Help create presentations and pitches for potential partners
· Research: Analyse funding leads and opportunities
· Salesforce database management: Update funding leads & contacts
· Writing: Help draft funding applications
· Creative work: Creatively input on the programme presentations and fundraising document
· Mapping: map out relevant Fellows projects that are involved in our partnerships
· Impact measurement: Contribute to a partnership impact measurement study and the publication of impact reports
· Fellows stories: Help put together Fellows stories and updates for our partners
- Support the UK team with database management on Salesforce
Required Skills and Experience
· Demonstrated track record in producing high quality research
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools: Excel, Power Point and Word
· Self-starter, ability to work proactively and independently
· Excellent time management skills
· Organised and detail-oriented
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Experience in the citizen sector desired, either as a social entrepreneur or a volunteer, trustee etc.