Impact Hub Phnom Penh is co-working and community space, business Incubator and focused on achieving positive impact through inspirational community support, knowledge sharing and networking opportunities.
At Impact Hub Phnom Penh, we believe that a more sustainable and innovative Cambodia is possible.
We envision a place where this generation of change makers will create positive change through collaborative entrepreneurship and where local understanding drives innovation for a flourishing Cambodia.
We will achieve this through our unique ecosystem of resources, extensive networks and collaboration opportunities. Thanks to our beautiful space; incubation and mentors; local and international networks and top quality content, our diverse community will inspire, connect and enable you to develop your passions for impact, every step of the way.
About the role:
We are not looking for an average person to join us on this internship placement. We are looking for someone awesome, who shares our values and is single mindedly focused on seeing them achieved.
Working at Impact Hub Phnom Penh will be busy and varied. You must enjoy working in a busy and dynamic environment, love solving problems and be willing to get stuck in to any task, big or small. Because you take pride in seeking out and fixing potential problems before anyone is affected, you will enjoy being one of the heroes of our working community.
We’re a small start-up. That means you’ll be expected to use your own initiative to figure out what and how things need to be done. You won’t have a line-manager giving you instructions but you will have the support of our passionate team.
We don’t believe in limiting people’s contributions to strict “job specifications”. If you join us, you will be expected to take on the responsibilities outlined below, but we’ll ask you to get involved with much more! We encourage you to get involved in various aspect of the organisation and to use your unique talents and skills to the full.
Your exciting missions:
• Driving compelling PR and communications content through different channels, fostering visibility and educating the wider community about our activities.
• Planning and executing events for our community.
• Design of communications materials.
• Share learnings and news from Cambodia with Impact Hub Global and elsewhere.
• Writing Hubber (member) stories; identifying and joining local or global social or environmental campaigns; developing our own social media campaigns, all to create value for Impact Hub Phnom Penh and its community.
• Tracking and evaluating different approaches to using FB/Twitter.
• Assistance with administrative aspects of the co-working and community space.
You are still hesitating? Why you should apply…NOW!
• With 73 open Impact Hubs, more than 11,000 members around the world and a combined global team of over 500 makers, you will have access to a fabulous global network.
• Impact Hub Phnom Penh opened just 6 months ago, but is already reaching his maximum capacity. We are now in an expansion phase and we will move to a new space by the end of December. We will need your creative and handyman skills to help us build an awesome Hub 2.0!
• As you will work in the co-working and community space, you will meet new and inspiring people everyday!
• Impact Hub Phnom Penh is all about sharing. As you have excellent skills in communications, you can share these with your neighbour. She will be very glad to share her website development or graphic design knowledge, so you will learn an incredible whilst amount with us.
• Cambodia is an emerging economy and full of opportunities. The cost of living is very low (rent for a room in a shared house could be around $170/month). Khmer people are extremely friendly and Phnom Penh is a rapidly growing city. You will spend amazing weekends exploring the country and the region.
• You are passionate about social innovation and positive impact.
• You are curious, resourceful, detail-oriented and pro-active.
• You speak fluent English (spoken and written).
• You have excellent writing skills – exhibiting both precision and creative flair.
• You are comfortable with or willing to learn to use web communication tools such as WordPress, Mail Chimp, etc.
• You love design, have a creative eye and experience of using design packages.
• You have good organisational, administrative and analytical skills.
• You are energetic, friendly and ready to be part of an amazing team!
Good to have:
o Event/project management experience.
o PR/Communications experience.
o Experience working in SE Asia.
o Photographic skills.
o Excellent use of Photoshop, Canva, InDesign and others.
• Place : Phnom Penh – Cambodia
• Date : ASAP – 3 - 6 months internship
• Remuneration : Visa fees covered
• Support : We are very happy to help support your move to Phnom Penh, with advice on accommodation, getting to know the city etc.