MakeSense South East Asia Community Developer
MakeSense turns the talents, skills and connections of thousands of individuals around the world into unique superpowers to help Social Entrepreneurs. It works thanks to a community of 1,500 friends in 100 cities around the world spotting entrepreneurs and mobilizing on their challenges. To support better this community and develop MakeSense to its new ambitious goals we are looking for a creative and passionate individual to become our new community developer for Asia (based in The Philippines) and work hand in hand with the community developers of Europe (based in Paris), South America (based in Mexico) and Africa (based in Dakar). By taking this position you will work from our office in Paris (the SenseSpace in Bastille) with MakeSense executive team, and directly with the global community development coordinator.
Your role will be to design & implement community strategies, campaigns & partnerships, trainings in close relationship with the MakeSense community around the world. On top of any skills, we're most of all looking for an individual passionate about social entrepreneurship who will always make it easier for community members to connect and create online & in real life.
After a proper training at the headquarter of MakeSense in Paris you will be in charge of :
• Sourcing & framing challenges of social entrepreneurs in the Philippines and in other countries of South East Asia,
• Supporting the community in creating and formalizing methods to crack and solve all types of challenges
• Create & implement communication campaigns to mobilize people around identified causes on Social Media• Help organize special events and deliver trainings
• Support MakeSense volunteers in the region organize events
• Manage and create new partnerships in Asia
• Assess and follow up on the Social impact of the project with MakeSense members.
Knowledge & Skills
- Fluent in English (tagalog/ french is an asset)
- You're passionate about Social Business and have a good understanding of the sector worldwide.
- You have successfully managed project involving different kind of organizations : corporates, public institutions, student associations, international organization, etc...
- You already have an experience in a developing country (in social entrepreneurship or economic development is an asset)
- One year of professional experience post diploma (internship included) : experience in Innovation positions & understanding of design thinking highly appreciate
- You have already made presentations and talks in front of important audiences
- You apply the rules of the lean start-up in any initiative you take. You thrive in fast paced and uncertain environment
- You're a professional networker & connector
- You're autonomous but can easily report and synchronize with others
- You don’t mind working with flexible hours. Lots of events might happen in the evenings or weekends
• Start end of november 2015
• VSI (volontariat de solidarité international) 1 year - renewable
• Events often happens on evenings and weekends
• salary: 1000€ + paid accomodation + paid visa & flight tickets
• you will be hosted by our local partner Gawad Kalinga (the biggest NGO of the Philippines that welcome many international volunteers) and supported by the filipino office of France Volontaires