In order to make our social mission sustainable, we need to generate recurring autonomous financial resources,And if we want our young graduates to earn a living and be able to support their families, we also need to help creating employment opportunities in artistic field in a country where such jobs are rare,
For these reasons Phare is developing an innovative breakthrough model based on social business in artistic field leveraging the professional skills of its own students and generating profits which are funding the NGO.
This model has already been implemented successfully in performing arts with PPSE, a thriving social business offering since 2 years a daily circus show near Angkor temples. PPSE is paving the way to similar future developments of Phare in other artistic fields.
The next step is to develop a social business in visual arts which will employ great graphic designers and animators trained by Phare during a 3 year curriculum.
Today, we already have two emerging revenue generating activities in the area of visual arts: “Sonleuk Thmey” our graphic design studio and “1000 hands” our animation studio.
--> Our plan and your mission is to merge them, scale them up and to develop a profitable activity for the long term.
The Studio manager is a business developer with two missions:
- Study the local market, Asian market and possibly Western market. Identify best value proposal Phare Studio can offer. Define which customer segments we should target and at which price level.
- In parallel, prospect new clients and create quickly concrete business opportunities in the field with two objectives (a) strengthen work experience of Phare visual arts school (teachers & students) in a real professional environment (b) and gain notoriety on the market with a view to build a wide customer base for the future
Naturally, he will be taking the responsibility of existing ongoing orders and make sure they are dully delivered. For all projects (new or existing), he will follow productions in animation, video and graphic design, to make them effective in line with customer expectations. He will also monitor and evaluate the capacity of Phare technical team.
- Evaluate workload, allocate tasks and follow-up work progress on projects
- Take responsibility of issuing quotations, making contracts, receiving orders and invoicing and collecting cash from customers
- Report to Phare Executive Director on his activities
- Contribute to the update of Phare studio business plan based on his experience, the inputs from his market study and the feedback from the market
Requirements regarding the profile of candidates:
- At least 5 years work experience in a relevant field and position (business development, animation and/or graphic design, project management)
- At least Bachelor degree in management, business or fine arts
- Previous work experience in Asia and/or work experience interfacing with key actors of this sector is highly appreciated
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and experience with production requirements and printing
- Understanding of business management and business plans
- Creativity, focus, organization skills, excellent communication abilities and strong self-management
- Fluency in English (fluency in French and/or Khmer is an asset)
- Basic knowledge of CS6 InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Interest for social businesses and international development aid
Interest in art and design
assignment is for 2 years as a minimum,
with possibility of extension. If the
candidate is successful in his mission, he is likely to join the management committee of the organization.
Salary: to be defined based on experience