Phare Performing Social Enterprise is a pioneering social enterprise in Cambodia that creates, produces and disseminates live shows and other cultural products in Cambodia and abroad. All PPSE artists come from disadvantaged backgrounds and have benefited from the training provided by Phare Ponleu Selpak Association which has been active in Cambodia for 20 years. PPSE sees in artistic creativity an asset for the development of a flourishing society and a vibrant economy. It creates high-quality jobs, secures tourism benefits for the local population, strengthens Cambodian identity and improves access to education for dispossessed young people.
You will help coordinate the organization of Tini Tinou International Circus Festival. It’s a yearly cultural event in Cambodia, and we will celebrate the 10th edition in 2016. The festival usually welcomes 3-4 international troupes and tours between 3 major cities of Cambodia: Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Battambang, night performance and off the stage events! The tasks include but are not limited to:
- Organization of a press conference before the festival
- Coordinate the production of marketing and communication material with the team of PPSE
- Support the Operation manager of the venues in preparing the arrival of troupes
- Elaborate the schedule of the festival.
- Working closely with Phare Ponleu Selpak Association, the co-organizers of the festival
- Coordinate the relations with NGOs that are invited
- Communication and street marketing in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh.
This internship will be a fun and interesting journey with many opportunities for coordination between different partners, strong communication aspect, organization and project management. It’s also the opportunity to have an insight on how works a young and dynamic social business in the field of arts for human development. You will work closely with the Director of strategic development and the Coordinator of the festival.
Video of the 2015 edition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYiZXqe9AZQ
Ideal starting date of the internship: December 2015 / January 2016