Launched in February 2009, sponsored by various corporations such as Marriott Foundation, Accor Foundation and yeast producer Lesaffre, SYB’s one-year training combines intensive classes in both French and Chinese bakery, with practical internships at 4&5-star hotels. After completing the program, the 30 students can then obtain employment opportunities in bakeries or hotels in Shanghai and all across China.
In order to increase its financial stability, SYB also operates a social enterprise, which provides half-day bakery classes as well as bread & pastry catering to individuals and companies wishing to contribute to the success and sustainability of the program.
SYB is managed by a small but dynamic French-Chinese team, and operates under the governance of Chi Heng Foundation.
Shanghai Young Bakers relies on a network of sponsors and partners to operate its program. These include financial sponsors, hotel internship partners, in-kind donors, pro-bono service providers, corporate clients, of different nationalities and cultures, as well as NGOs, schools and institutions who help ensure the quality of the program.
The Partnerships Manager intern will be in charge of nurturing and managing strategic relationships with current partners, and helping to promote their commitment to social responsibility through related communication work and events.
S/he will work under the guidance of the SYB program manager and in close relationship with the Communication Manager and the Marketing Coordinator.
Time commitment: at least 20 hours/week, starting either in Feb or in August, for 6 months. We can accommodate university students’ schedule if needed.
- Follow up on ongoing partnerships
- Act as the main contact point for correspondence with current partners, coordinate partners’ requests and provide regular feedback. Current partners include corporate foundations, financial sponsors, in-kind donors, bakery experts…
- Design appropriate corporate CSR plan for the partner (which may include branding & communication work, staff volunteer activities, commercial services…) and implement related promotion and activities accordingly; coordinate related student activities; make sure their support is duly recognized at each of our events
- Work with the Communication coordinator to develop and disseminate adequate communication material
- Actively participate in sponsorship renewal and negotiations; prepare related documents and proposals
- Monitor and develop hotel partnerships
- Manage relationship with current hotel partners (who provide practical internships to the SYB students); negotiate and follow-up on partnership renewal
- Lead the search for new hotel partners: visit the hotels and review their bakery/pastry departments with the SYB trainers, present the cooperation terms, follow up to arrange signature
- Propose and implement initiatives to better promote SYB partnerships with hotels
- Manage relations with potential employers
- Answer hotels, bakeries, restaurants, F&B company’s requests to hire SYB graduates
- Promote SYB recruitment services and “SYB Employment Partner” package; organize related services and student activities
- Develop cooperation with France-based technical partners and schools (TBC)
- Support the search and potential negotiation for advanced bakery training programs in France
- In general, support efforts for a better recognition of our training program and expertise by official experts and industry professionals
- Keen to gain experience in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Corporate Communication / PR across a wide range of companies
- Dedication to work in a growing international non-profit organization/ social enterprise in a Chinese environment
- Fluent in English and French. Knowledge of Chinese will be an advantage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in a multicultural environment
- Able to listen and present in a professional setting
- Good organizational skills, responsive
- Enjoy working both within a team and independently
- Report to French director; work closely with French & Chinese staff as well as volunteers from different nationalities and backgrounds
- Office work: Chi Heng Foundation Shanghai office (长寿路武宁路)
- Some events at SYB Baking Centre （普陀区绥德路）
- Outside meetings in various locations
- Start date: August/September 2015
- Time commitment: at least 20 hours/week, for a minimum period of 5 months.
- Transportation and phone reimbursement allowance. As a charity project with limited resources, SYB is unfortunately unable to provide further financial compensation.