Opening: European Network Coordinator for Ashoka Changemakers (London, UK)
Ashoka is on an audacious mission - to create a world where everyone is a changemaker i.e. a world where everyone has the agency and skills to make a positive change in their families or communities. It is only in such a world where the solutions will outrun our social problems.
With its global network of over 3200 leading social entrepreneurs,10,000 youth venturers, 100+ changemaker schools, and 30+ changemaker campuses - as well as a community of 20,000+ innovators on Changemakers.com - Ashoka empowers young people with the skills to create and drive solutions for the good of all, and helps build and evolve enabling environments - schools, universities and organizations - to help them thrive in a world of constant change.
Ashoka Changemakers is an Ashoka program that uses the power of open challenges and social innovation knowledge – coupled with Ashoka’s network of social entrepreneurs and impact partners – to connect high-potential changemakers in order to accelerate the rate of change for critical social issues.
Title: European Network Coordinator
Type: Full Time, Permanent Staff
Location: Bethnal Green, London, United Kingdom
Remuneration: £23,000-£26,000 per year
The European Network Coordinator will cultivate trusting relationships with peer organizations and increase connectivity and collaboration among European social innovators. You will have a fun and fast paced two part mission: to build relationships with peers and network partners, and to source and support high quality social innovators through the competition entry process. We seek a highly motivated, socially-minded individual to help build a vibrant network of social innovators, partners, media partners and other changemakers. You will be joining a global team of teams to proactively mobilize networks and entrants for a global challenge prize focused on sustainability, and a global challenge prize around health innovation.
- Collaborate directly with Ashoka colleagues as a core member of engagement teams - internalizing challenge themes, co-creating and delivering network activation strategies, and developing new activities in pursuit of greater social impact.
- Co-create outreach strategies based on direct communication, network partners, media and social media.
- Conduct research and build databases of potential challenge entrants, network partners, thought leaders, and media partners.
- Conduct direct outreach to these contacts in order to build relationships, secure active challenge participants and help to instil a sense of identity around the challenge.
- Support challenge entrants as they engage with the Changemakers.com platform and submit their project descriptions.
- Work closely with Ashoka’s European country offices to coordinate outreach to local networks.
- Develop Ashoka Changemakers' ability to work collaboratively within a network of partners that aligns their individual mission around a common objective.
- Meet with client representatives when relevant.
- Produce and edit media content when relevant.
- Commitment to social change
- 2 years professional experience
- Knowledge of the UK and Europe’s social, economic and political context
- Knowledge of the UK and Europe’s social entrepreneurship sector
- Excellent communication skills and experience in marketing and community outreach
- Knowledge of social media and Microsoft Office required, graphic design and HTML skills desirable
- Fluency in English required, fluency in French, Spanish, German or Portuguese desirable
- Available to start ASAP
Ashoka is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or religion.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for any paid or unpaid position at Ashoka UK.