Who are we?
Social Media Squad is a cooperative start-up specialised in digital transformation for social impacting projects. Social Media Squad was created a year ago by Marie, Romain, Habib & Louis-Marie, volunteers of MakeSense.org non-profit association.
What: Our team advises, trains, cooperates with project holders (mainly micro-entrepreneurs, social startups, NGOs volunteers, CSR or social business departments of major corporations, etc) that tackle pressing social & environmental issues (water access in rural remote areas, education through sport in extreme countries, awareness on therapeutical solutions to autism).
How: We use a mix of social media technologies & in-house methodologies from triggering authentic individuals conversations to initiating meaningful cooperations.
Who & How: there are 3 circles of contributors to the Social Media Squad:
the senseis: 5 of them for now, who are in charge of the economic and ethical sustainability of the cooperative. They sign
the ninjas: more than 20 freelances who punctually bring their specific talent to the mix (graphic design, sketchers, tech,..)
the volunteers: of Makesense community and beyond, who are invited to events we covered to create contents with us in exchange of free trainings and free access to knowledge-sharing events & networking.
We have a privileged cooperation with Makesense non-profit association, formalized into a licence partnership (to use each others brand assets, and cooperate with our respective ecosytems).
For more than 4 years, MakeSense has been able to gather more than 1 500 young members fond of social entrepreneurship and to mobilise more than 20 000 people from 100 cities in the world. MakeSense members, so called gangsters, have organised more than 1 000 hold-ups* and helped 800 social entrepreneurs solve their challenges.
*creativity workshop to solve a social entrepreneur challenge.
Concretely, we know how to:
- Conceive social media event live-coverage and digital amplification strategies. For instance, we have been working with Grameen Creative Live for Global Social Business Summit in Mexico and the European Commission for the European Development Days in Brussels.
- Mobilise influencers to promote socially impactful project holders worldwide , such as for Impact journalism Day by Sparknews
- Advise large corporations, such as danone.community and Crédit Coopératif, to conceive and implement social media strategies for their social innovation, sustainability and cooperative projects.
- Conceive and animate social media trainings for #socinn* project holders, and also for youngsters or NGO volunteers
- Monitor, analyse and bring out strategic recommendations from large volume of conversations tracked on social media platform.
We have been growing fast this past year, we have 20 clients existing clients and even more projects and need a new colleague to jump in and work with us, long-term startup wise (1 year+).
Here’s what you’ll do as part of our team:
- Account Management: client’s portfolio to conceive and implement for them social media strategies,
- Project Management: you will run agile teams to deliver the projects you manage,
- Business Development: Seize new business opportunities, conceive business proposition and help find our best solutions for new prospects.
- Strategy: the goal is that you contribute in building define the next steps of our start-up.
- Lead social media monitoring thanks to the use of our data tracking softwares and online-listening methodologies.
- Strengthen our products and monitoring methodologies in order to serve better our clients and, last but not least, social entrepreneurs.
- Conceive social media trainings for small and social entrepreneurs and also for large companies.
- Lead trainings and coach on the mid-term our clients
- Seize new training opportunities and conceive solutions so we can reach a self-sustainable model while opening our methodologies proactively for social impacting projects.
3) Social Media Strategy:
- Put your creative brain to design social media strategy.
- Lead projects and implement these strategies
- Build strong and individual relationships with our network of social media influencers for social good. Help us strengthen this network, connect with new people and enhance cooperation between our clients and these influencers on concrete social impacting projects.
4) Event live-coverage:
- Conceive and implement social media strategy for event live-coverage. Compose and manage teams of international live-reporters.
- Collaborate with a wide array of creative and social media freelance, you will be managing on specific mission.
- Share with us new and fresh ideas, so we can focus on people engagement and call to actions and transform our large reach and high contribution rates into real cooperation.
Social Impact and social entrepreneurship DNA
- Work in an agile, fast-paced work environment, strongly interlinked with MakeSense community. And try to do slow in a fast context in our way ;-)
- Contribute to our open governance and the development of our open source model. We are a cooperative and it is truly embedded into our enterprise DNA.
- Question, innovate and manage projects in partnership with the team so we constantly strengthen our social impact and economic sustainability.
- Help us measure this social impact and set up new objectives.Manage with the team the relationship with the MakeSense community and our partner startups. Figure out new ways we could contribute to the development of our ecosystem.
And here are the skills & experience we hope you have:
- You master social media and have at least 2 years experiences working for social media projects.
- You are able to bring new products’ ideas (platforms, social usage) to the team and learn to master the online platforms you know less in a few weeks (day? :)
- You thrive in a fast-growing, start-up culture . You are able to share constructive feedbacks to the managing team that is on a regular learning process.
- Take the lead on key, long-term projects and reports while providing efficient and exceptional client service on a daily basis.
- You are fond of social entrepreneurship and you care more of how you can contribute to social impacting projects.
- Embrace and embody theing project values of Social Media Squad on a daily basis.
- Communicate fluently in English and French You are willing in the long-term to become a partner of Social Media Squad (so called senseis)
- Bonus (not mandatory but definitely a plus!): English native
- in Paris
- contract: CDD/CDI
- 6 months starting from August
- salary: 2000 € net/month (negotiable)