Time commitment: 4 months full time starting in September 2015
Location: Ashoka UK’s office at 15 Old Ford Road, Bethnal Green, London, E2 9PJ
Volunteer position – expenses covered: London Travel Card Zones 1-2 + £5 per day for lunch
Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for any paid or unpaid position at Ashoka UK.
Ashoka is a global association of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs – men and women with systems changing solutions for the world’s most urgent social problems. Since 1981, we have elected over 3,000 outstanding social entrepreneurs as Ashoka Fellows, providing them with living stipends, professional support, and access to a global network of peers in 80 countries. Ashoka UK is in its eighth year of electing fellows and has currently elected 32 leading UK social entrepreneurs to the Ashoka fellowship. Please see www.uk.ashoka.org and www.ashoka.org for more details.
Role and Responsibilities
Do you have an eye for the next big thing in social enterprise? Here in the Fellowship team at Ashoka, we’re bringing together the UK’s most ambitious, effective changemakers. We’re finding the most important people working on the frontline of social change.
The Fellowship team focusses upon supporting elected Fellows through networks, strategy, communications and events as well as measuring the impact of their work. Fellowship activities involve Fellows relationship management, events and workshops organisation, community building, as well as impact measurement.
There will also be a chance to help with the work that keep the Ashoka office ticking, under the supervision of the Operations Associate. This might mean working with our database of contacts to improve Ashoka’s reach, or it might mean working on the day to day office management that empowers our team.
Our new team mate will ideally have experience in the social sector and a personal track record of taking the lead. We hope that they will be as excited as we are to build Ashoka’s community partnerships.
Meet the Team
You’ll love working with the Ashoka UK team! We’re a bright, motivated group – who are determined to change the world. We’ll never forget your birthday and we’re always happy to hear your new ideas.
- Support the Programme Manager in the execution and the tracking of the Fellowship programme
- Co-ordinating events, workshops and meetings for Ashoka Fellows and experts from the business sector
- Conduct researches to improve the Fellowship strategic offer
- Supervise and run a monthly newsletter for Fellows
- Administrate new engagements with business experts and donors, and strengthening relationships with existing partners
Impact measurement (30%)
· Help the Programme Manager coordinates the impact measurement process
· Assist the Programme Manager in the elaboration of the impact report
· Support the Programme Manager in various quantity and quality checking
International Fellowship (10%)
· Help coordinate International Fellows visits
- Support the UK team with database management on Salesforce
· Work under the supervision of the office manager to provide day-to-day admin support to the UK team
Required Skills and Experience
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Demonstrated track record in producing high quality written materials
· Ability to work productively, proactively and independently, on own initiative
· Excellent time management skills
· Organised and detail-oriented
· Experience in the citizen sector, either as a social entrepreneur or a volunteer, trustee etc.