MakeSense organizes collective action around social entrepreneurs who solve difficult social and environmental issues.
MakeSense enables volunteeers, whether they are citizens, students or corporates, to put their time and efforts into helping these entrepreneurs solving their challenges, through an online platform or during offline, open to everyone, innovation workshops.
17 000 volunteers around more than 100 cities in the world have already been mobilized to help social entrepreneurs.
850 social entrepreneurs have benefited from this collective help during more than 1000 workshops and events.
89% of these entrepreneurs say that these MakeSense workshops, called « Hold-Ups » have been helpful for their projects.
Today, we are looking to take our impact further, by mobilizing our communities around important global or national causes. To do this, we want to strengthen and grow our team ( 25 people ), by hiring a Chief Cause Officer who will join MakeSense’s executive team.
MakeSense’s « Chief Cause Officer » will be in charge of the following missions :
Being the pilot in the definition and the implementation of the « cause partnerships » strategy to be developed
Actively look for potential partners and sponsors for these engagement programs, from prospection to signing leveraging on MakeSense’s assets.
Doing the follow-up of the relationship with the partner around the established « cause partnership »
Promoting the innovative MakeSense approach to external partners, both during events and conferences where we’re invited
Closely working with MakeSense’s executive team (Chief Community Officer, CPO, CFO, CIO) and business units directors (corporate, academics, accelerator, media, culture) in order to conceive concrete partnerships and following-up on the programs
Continuously formalizing our know-how and the outcoming opportunities for every cause
Coordinating the measurement of the impact from the partnerships and programs along with our partners
- Acute knowledge & passion for social and environmental issues
- Knowledge of MakeSense’s model and activities
- Ability to work independently and in a fast paced environment
- Commercial know-how: prospecting, finding leads, writing commercial propositions, signing partnerships and following clients’ relationships
- Ability to work with many different small teams and in coordination with the various specializations of an organization
- Ability to work and negotiate with high-profiled executives of Global corporations
- Availability to travel abroad
- 3 years of experience minimum in commercial or partnership positions
- Fluent/Native in English & French ( a third language is a plus )