Fundraising and Partnerships Opportunity at Ashoka UK
Time commitment: 4 months full time starting in January 2015
Location: Ashoka UK’s office at 15 Old Ford Road, Bethnal Green, London, E2 9PJ
Volunteer position – expenses covered: London Travel Card Zones 1-2 + £5 per day for lunch
Ashoka is a global association of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs – men and women with systems changing solutions for the world’s most urgent social problems. Since 1981, we have elected over 3,000 outstanding social entrepreneurs as Ashoka Fellows, providing them with living stipends, professional support, and access to a global network of peers in more than 70 countries. Ashoka UK is in its seventh year of electing fellows and has currently elected 24 leading UK social entrepreneurs to the Ashoka fellowship. Please see www.uk.ashoka.org and www.ashoka.org for more details.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, bright and organised Fundraising and Partnerships Volunteer with an interest in the social entrepreneurship sector. The successful applicant will be working with the fundraising and partnerships team to strengthen the fundraising process and help implement some of Ashoka’s partnerships. This is a great opportunity to gain an overview of Ashoka’s Fellows, activities and programmes as well as get involved in pitching projects and managing tools and pipeline for efficient fundraising.
The role will also provide an insight into the processes and systems that support the UK office under the supervision of the Operations Associate. This might include working with our database of contacts to improve Ashoka’s reach, or it might mean working on day to day office management.
The successful candidate will have experience of the citizen sector (social sector/ not-for-profits) in their extra-curricular activities, and a track record of taking initiative. The role would suit someone who is inquisitive and self-motivated, organised and details-oriented.
We expect the candidate to enthusiastically join in our core organisational activities as well. This is a great opportunity to experience working in the not-for-profit or social enterprise sectors and take on considerable responsibility.
· Pipeline management: Support the fundraising team in updating and developing the funding pipeline
· Presentations: Help create presentations and pitches for potential partners
· Research: Analyse funding leads and opportunities
· Salesforce database management: update funding leads & contacts
· Writing: Help draft funding applications
· Creative work: Creatively input on the programme presentations and fundraising document
· Mapping: map out relevant Fellows projects that fit partners’ interest
· Impact measurement: Contribute to a partnership Impact measurement study and the publication of the impact report
· Fellows stories: Help put Fellows stories of Fellows supported by one of our partners and coordinate with Ashoka offices to get updates
- Support the UK team with database management on Salesforce
· Working under the supervision of the office manager, provide day-to-day admin support to the UK team
Required Skills and Experience
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Demonstrated track record in producing high quality written materials
· Ability to work productively, proactively and independently, on own initiative
· Excellent time management skills
· Organised and detail-oriented
· Experience in the citizen sector, either as a social entrepreneur or a volunteer, trustee etc.