Ashoka is the largest network of social entrepreneurs worldwide, with more than 3,000 Ashoka Fellows in 80 countries putting system-changing ideas into practice on a global scale. Founded in 1980, Ashoka launched the field of social entrepreneurship and has provided Fellows with start-up financing, professional support services, and connections to a global network across the business and social sectors ever since. The Fellowship initiative remains central to our work but we now have a bigger and bolder vision now – to create a world in which ‘everyone is a changemaker’. This means we have innovated to develop a range of fantastic initiatives to drive social change within education and business also. Ashoka’s Changemakers.com is one of the world’s leading challenge prize platforms built to source social innovation globally and one such way that we are enabling a Changemaker World.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ashoka UK is looking for an entrepreneurial, bright and detail-oriented individual with a passion for social entrepreneurship and innovation and with experience in project management. The role will primarily involve managing Ashoka’s online challenge prizes to identify the world’s leading social innovators. Much of this will be convened on our www.changemakers.com social change platform where we bring together networks and cultivate solutions to the world’s most pressing social problems. Whether the theme is learning through play, youth unemployment, or entrepreneurship in emerging markets – Ashoka works with world class partners to frame an issue, convene a network of leading practitioners and ignite social impact.
Working collaboratively with
technology, community engagement and regional teams around the globe, this role
will ensure that these partner engagements run smoothly, meet goals and
deadlines, and create social impact – all within a given budget. In addition, this
role will involve renewing existing funding partnerships and developing
partnerships with new sponsors.
Ultimately we’re looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset seeking a massively creative, collaborative, and global opportunity. This is not a ‘sales’ job. It calls for someone who thrives in co-creating (with external partners and other Ashoka programmes), storytelling (about Ashoka, our network and what we offer), crafting compelling communications, developing and managing networks, and a voracious appetite for learning. The strongest candidates will have 5-10 years of experience after university and we are looking forward to deeply investing in their learning, skill-building and all-round development. The role would suit someone who is inquisitive and self-motivated, organised and detail-oriented, and has an interest in social entrepreneurship.
SCOPE OF WORK
Project Managing Partner Engagements (60%):
● Manage the design, launch, and execution of partner engagements with an eye for key performance outcomes and the agility to pivot when needed;
● Facilitate communication across teams, collaborating with staff and partners at various levels to ensure completion of deliverables;
● Optimize the value Ashoka creates for entrants, judges, participants and other members of the community - demonstrating a personal investment in their success;
● Quickly learn and offer content knowledge about the themes of partner engagements
● Facilitate Ashoka’s evaluation process in transparent and rigorous manner that stands up to scrutiny;
● Balance the interest of multiple stakeholders while evolving Challenge model and maximizing social impact.
Relationship building with new and existing partners (40%):
● Pro-actively generate new partnership leads interested in running online Challenges;
● Support the wider Ashoka UK team with other partnership opportunities
● Manage relationships with existing partners.
QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate…
● Has entrepreneurial attitude, enjoys solving problems and using their initiative;
● Is committed to social change;
● Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
● Is organised and detail oriented;
● Gives him or herself permission to challenge convention and optimize Ashoka’s offerings;
● Has project management experience;
● Has social entrepreneurship, technology, corporate or start-up experience;
● Has worked for 5 -10 years since University;
● Can lead a group to get stuff done (less talk, more action);
● Can balance between creativity and implementation of critical tasks in a dynamic, start-up environment;
● Moves fast under deadlines, always has a to-do list and gets a kick out of solving problems;
● Enjoys working with diverse groups of people from non-profits, foundations and businesses;
● Cares about being a part of a global community;
● Has a fantastic sense of humour. Seriously.