Does social entrepreneurship interest you? Are you curious, independent and looking for work with meaning? Join the Sparknews team and discover the dynamic environment of a social startup that’s making a difference in over 40 countries.
About Impact Journalism Day:
Sparknews is a social startup launched in 2012 to share stories of innovative solutions to global challenges. Last year we launched the first Impact Journalism Day, involving 20 leading newspapers from around the world. They pooled stories about exceptional initiatives offering real solutions to the issues of the day, then published them simultaneously in individual supplements.
This year we’re bringing together 40 newspapers from 40 countries to produce supplements that will be read by 100 million readers worldwide. Partner newspapers include Le Monde, Times of India, El Watan, Le Soir, Excelsior, and News International, among others. For more information, see http://ijd.sparknews.com.
We are looking for two interns for the following duties (others may be added as time goes on):
- Writing a few of the 10 articles that Sparknews will produce (some will be outsourced to journalists in different parts of the world)
- Proposing topics
- Reading project submissions
- Investigating, fact-checking
- Sourcing videos and photos
- Following the overall project
Qualities and competencies we seek:
- Proactive, able to suggest story ideas and take charge
- Proven written and communication skills
- Journalism experience
- Bilingual English/French (written and spoken)
Location : Paris 17e
Internship: May – September 2014
Remuneration: Monthly intern stipend