UnLtd is a charity which supports social entrepreneurs - people with vision, drive, commitment and passion who want to change the world for the better. We do this by providing a complete package of funding and support, to help these individuals make their ideas a reality. We believe that people closest to societal problems are most often the best placed to develop the solutions to those problems.
Part of UnLtd’s strategic focus is to partner with others, who share our vision, from the public, private and third sector in the UK, and beyond. The aim of this focus is to help more people to start up a social venture, expand the eco-system of support for social entrepreneurs in the UK, and help those that want to, and can to grow and scale. Examples of our work in these areas can be found at www.unltd.org.uk .
Currently our work in localities is focused on developing successful partnerships with public, private and third sector agencies who can work with us to build sustainable local platforms to find, fund and support social and community entrepreneurs.
Our work in the UK is helping others to adopt and adapt similar models for their own countries, and we have a growing network of international partners.
With the removal of regional development agencies and the introduction of Local Enterprise Partnerships we recognise the importance of expanding our local eco-system of support for social entrepreneurs in the UK. We feel to do this we need to engage more deeply with Local Enterprise Partnerships, Local Authorities, universities, major employers and other organisations to develop local economic priorities and activities that include social entrepreneurship as part of the mix. (Local Enterprise Partnerships are locally-owned partnerships between local authorities and businesses. They play a central role in determining local economic priorities and undertaking activities to drive economic growth and the creation of local jobs. www.lepnetwork.org.uk . Their role will become ever more important to the social economy as EU funds are routed through them in England and prioritised for the EU Social Business Initiative.)
We are seeking an experienced, confident and highly motivated Local Partnership Development Manager to design, develop UnLtd locality based partnerships and eco-system development strategy with flair, liaising with our operational team to ensure successful delivery.
The Local Partnership Development Manager will be responsible for identifying and developing successful partnerships with Local Enterprise Partnerships, Local Authorities and other organisations; to influence and help them develop local programmes that join up and leverage.
Key responsibilites are:
Key responsibilites are:
- Develop and manage local partnerships across the UK to adopt and deliver UnLtd’s Local ecosystem model
- Develop and maintain relationships with current local partners
- Create and facilitate local and national networks of partners
- Plan, manage and deliver a programme of activities and events for current and potential local partners
- Work with partners to identify local and national resources, and raise funds for UnLtd’s role in the partnerships created
- Develop and write proposals for joint work with local partners
- Engaging new supporters and working with the development, and other teams to increase the size and sustainability of existing partnerships
- Produce materials and contribute to deliver reports, policy papers, presentations, media releases
- Maintain and develop a database of local partners and other contacts using UnLtd’s Customer Relation Management System
- Assisting in the production of an annual and strategic plan
- Work effectively with other UnLtd teams to ensure the identification and development of local partnerships, and to ensure fulfilment and satisfaction.
- Work to ensure quality assurance of UnLtd products and engage in continuous quality improvement and assurance systems
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to foster an expert practitioner learning culture and embed learning from research into operations or vice versa to create a virtuous circle of learning.
- To be an UnLtd Brand Ambassador
- Work in matrix style with colleagues and stakeholder to promote innovation of UnLtd products, systems and organisational culture
- Any other tasks and duties that may reasonably be required