- Job Description Published: 8 February 2021
- Organization: Just One Giant Lab (JOGL), is a young rapidly growing non-profit platform whose mission is to create the largest community of contributors to Open Science and Innovation in order to face our most challenging problems.
- JOGL Team Size: 15 team members
- Position: Product Owner (for the JOGL platform)
- When: As soon as possible - 5 months and more
- Where: Remotely and/or at the JOGL offices, within the Centre de Recherche Interdisciplinaire, Paris 4th arrondissement, metro St Paul/Bastille.
- Contract: Half-time to Full-time (Freelance)
Just One Giant Lab (JOGL) is an online, community based platform challenging the way research and innovation is conducted through an open and inclusive manner. JOGL helps humanity to sync on fixing our most urgent and important problems using Open Science, Responsible Innovation and Continuous Learning. JOGL partners with academic labs, companies, startups, foundations, NGOs and public services to create participatory research programs for understanding and solving Health, Environmental, Social and Humanitarian issues.
Position Description and Missions:
The JOGL platform needs Product Ownership and Management. This position would be to collaborate with and join the leadership of current developers and UX/UI designers and possess knowledge in the areas of development/platform engineering, UX/UI, business, and/or project/product management.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Define and collaborate on the vision for product(s) and create product roadmaps
- Understands and can create success matrices/metrics for a growth product with repeat users
- Deliver key features and product launches by working with designers and developers
- Manage and set working rhythms and relationships within the design and development teams
- Manage the product backlog and prioritizing based on changing requirements
- Collaborate with UX designers to develop user stories
- Work on the development and release of multiple products/features at the same time
- Monitor and evaluate product progress at each stage of the process
- Bridge gap between product team and end-users to inform decisions and progress
- Can work EST for pair-programming sessions
- Strong written and verbal English and communication skills
As a young startup, JOGL looks for individuals passionate about our mission, possess perseverance and enjoy problem-solving above all else. Joining JOGL provides unique challenges as well as many opportunities for growth, professional development, learning and leadership.
In this position, you will be joining a global team composed of the organization’s co-founders, a development team, communications team, and program managers. Visit our website for a full team description. At JOGL, skills and motivation are worth more than diplomas!
- Motivated! You like the idea of contributing to the emergence of a new model of participatory research and innovation.
- Autonomous! You have organisational skills and you like to take initiative. You have the ability to choose which is the best way to develop a feature or tackle a problem in development.
- Curious! You are innovative, creative and constantly looking for ways to improve your work.
- Organized! You know how to organize your own work and resources as well as others’.
- Efficient! You are able to work in a timely manner, with short deadlines and imperatives.
- Decisive! You are a strong decision maker, able to clearly communicate your opinions with others.
- Problem Solver! You enjoy finding solutions and resolving issues quickly and efficiently.
- Collaborative! You are able to work in a team and are able to communicate with people without technical knowledge.
Bottom Line: Be ready for an extraordinary adventure! Every team member at JOGL plays a significant role in shaping the working environment and direction our organization takes. We invite you to join our journey and hope you are excited to gain valuable experience learning about digital culture, tech for good, open data-big data and open science!
How to apply?
Fill out this form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.