Organise is striving to build a team that reflects the diversity of our community and is truly inclusive. We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly people of colour, trans and non-binary people, new parents, and disabled people.
💫 Who we are
Organise is a fast-growing startup on a mission to give everyone the tools, network and confidence to improve their life at work. Our vision is for a world in which decent, fairly paid work is available and accessible to all, and where all of us are treated with dignity and respect at work.
More than 1 million people are already using Organise. We put power in people’s hands, building a progressive force for change inside companies.
The Organise staff team pride ourselves on nimble, focused workplace campaigns. That means our team is decisive, ambitious and happy to take risks. We’re characterised by our energy and enthusiasm; we’d rather aim high and see what happens, than play it safe. We’re passionate about putting Organise members first – we believe change at work happens when more people get involved.
We're expanding our team and building out our platform to include a peer-to-peer network. We're building a space for people to build power and support each other at work pseudonymously. A space for our core members to talk to each other in a space their boss can't see. Small monthly subscriptions from members will verify their identity. The Organise network is paid for and protected by the workers. We currently operate in the UK, and are aiming to launch in the US by 2022.
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Make big contributions to our new network product. You'll be deploying to production quickly and getting stuck into our scrum process from the very start
- Be involved in product design - you'll work closely with our Designer and the broader team throughout the product design process to ensure we deliver great features quickly
- Improve and iterate the features you build, based on live feedback and testing with thousands of users at a time
- Get to know (and work on) the entire product and infrastructure
- Work to improve our infrastructure, tooling and tech stack
- Shape our process - good planning and retrospectives is core to how we work as a team
- Contribute to our company-wide strategy and culture as we grow
💪 You should apply if
- What we're building at Organise excites you!
- You have experience working with React
- You have experience building modern frontend applications that consume backend APIs
- You are willing to learn and contribute to development of our Rails-based backend application (we will support you! you do not need to have experience with Rails but you do need to be willing to learn and pitch in)
- You are curious and passionate about solving problems and building products that empower millions of users
- You have experience working in an agile/scrum environment, involving fast product iteration
- You are detail orientated in your front-end designs and have worked closely with designers on previous projects
- You are able to communicate effectively and work well with a diverse range of non-technical colleagues
- You are open-minded and willing to learn new approaches to your role and our culture
🥳 You'll benefit from:
- Equity in the business
- Wellbeing benefit and access to mental health support with Spill
- Remote working budget
- Learning & development budget + progression support
- Involved in other aspects of the business, from strategy, management and training, to shaping team culture
- Being part of something that's both commercially successful and socially important
- 🧑💻 Location: Can be remote (within +/- 5 hours of GMT) or based in our London Kings Cross office (a dog-friendly office 🐶 with a lot of plants 🌱) and will we provide you with all the tools you need!
- 💰 Competitive salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience. For this role, the range is: £50,000 - £69,000 GBP in UK // $70,000- $97,000 in US. We use a transparent salary formula based on experience + you'll get substantial stock options as part of our EMI scheme.
- 😍 Benefits: 38 days holiday per year (including Bank Holidays), Flexible working hours, Childcare benefits/vouchers, forward thinking parental leave policy, menstrual and menopause policy, discounted gym membership, time off in lieu policy, team lunches and activities. Please note, these will keep evolving as we continue to grow!
If all of the above interests you, please follow the link below! You do not need to have previous experience on all of the aspects of the job role to be shortlisted. What's more important is your willingness to learn and your commitment to Organise's principles and mission.