The Ocean unites us, and our passion is to protect it. Coral Gardeners started in 2017 as a group of young surfers and fishermen coming together to save their home reef.
We’re now made up of an international collective of scientists, engineers, creators, and advocates determined to save the reef by revolutionizing ocean conservation and generating collaborative action around the world.
We are Coral Gardeners, and we’d like you to join us.
Communications are a vital part of Coral Gardeners, in raising awareness for the coral reef and in creating funding opportunities. Due to our location, this primarily takes place across social media, with our audience spread out across the world.
We’re looking for an experienced Community & Customer Manager who is passionate about cultivating and supporting an online community.
- Manage and engage our community across all channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.); drive conversation and oversee moderation.
- Manage and reply daily to our customers via our support mailbox.
- Execute and innovate our social media and editorial strategy; publish and distribute content across all channels.
- Coordinate and create social campaigns and email communications.
- Support product marketing to execute promotions across paid media and channels.
- Develop monthly, and ad hoc reports that analyze insights and provide recommendations to optimize performance.
- Stay in the know with trends in social media, design tools, and applications; be able to identify quick-turnaround reactive opportunities.
- Be an integral part of brainstorming, bringing the community and customer perspective to all ideas.
- Contribute to creating presentations for partners and press.
- Outstanding copywriting skills both in French and English.
- Experience working as a community manager or similar role.
- Strong knowledge of social media and technical proficiency with these platforms.
- Media buying experience across social media channels required.
- Analytical skills and ability to present complex information in a simple format.
- Basic design skills and knowledge of the Adobe suite is an asset.
- A creative eye and flare.
- Passionate about coral reefs and the ocean.
- Highly motivated, and a positive attitude.
- Team player.
- Excellent organization skills: able to solve problems and multitask.
- Flexibility to deal with changes and pressure.
- Be comfortable operating as a start-up for an environmental cause.
- Start date as soon as possible.
- 6-month contract with the possibility to join permanently.
- Local fixed salary. The candidate must be aware that the salary and benefits correspond to the local benchmarks where Coral Gardeners is located (French Polynesia).
- Work location to be confirmed. It will either be in our HQ in Moorea, French Polynesia or remotely.
To apply, please fill out THIS FORM before July 4, 2021
LET’S SAVE THE REEF!